Never believe delivery dates (whinge)

I was expecting my delivery of joists and Caberdek on Tuesday, having explained to the manufacture that due to site restrictions I will need to handball them off the truck and will need to arrange to have bodies on site when the delivery arrives to unload.

On Monday i was pressing them via email and phone to confirm the time of delivery on Tuesday so i could get people there, they came back saying it won't be Tuesday, but probably Thursday or Friday. I told them categorically it couldn't be Friday, and if this week it could only be Thursday. I re-arranged my bodies on site for Thursday.

Driving to work this morning after doing the school run, i get a call at 8:30 from the driver telling me they were 10 mins from site, also pretty much at the same time i got a text from my bodies on site that they can't do Thursday.

So i ended up in a nightmare scenario of a significant delivery turning up unannounced, needing the materials for my build and no one but me to unload it.

Hence this is how i spent my morning (after urgently booking A/L from work) unloading 2.5T of joists and caberdek off the back of a lorry, then also carrying most of it up a flight of stairs to 'ground floor' above the basement.

Needless to say i have a sore back and in need of a cold beer (after sending a sh!tty email to the manufacturer)

If you don't have a sense of humour (or some physical capability) don't self build.

Nobody wants it to happen, you hope it don't happen, and when it happens, it happens, I've had it happen, I am not happy when it happens. Thank goodness you'd popped out and you weren't out out.???

Progress can be painful, but at least its progress.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

The beauty (fantastic to have joists and flooring) and horror of what I was faced with this morning.

20211208_092733.thumb.jpg.20054def48a05f19eacbaa8e082b40a7.jpg

A lorry with building materials! Such a rare and magnificent beast.

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

watched your progress with interest for a couple of years now.......

Just do the opposite of what I do, and she'll be rite.

50 minutes ago, Buzz said:

A lorry with building materials! Such a rare and magnificent beast.

It included 54 sheets of caberdek 22mm at a reasonable price, driver even said I was lucky to get them.