Spurs required for all electric heating?

vcps2021

Hello,

I hope this is the right sub forum and appreciate any help you can offer. 

I am going to buy Rointe electric heaters (1 each of 1600w, 990w, 770w, 450w and 330w) for my small flat and all the builders have said I'll need spurs for that setup. Rointe say they don't require spurs and although you can hard wire you don't have to.

For this level of power usage in a flat that's about 25 years old, do you think it's necessary or even a "nice to have". 

They may look neater wired in but if they ever fail or just need moving it needs an electrician to remove and reinstall.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks!

Thanks for your replies - probably should have mentioned it's an all electric flat so there's a possibility the induction hob and instant hot water system will also be on at the same time.

Not sure if that makes any difference or really what level is considered to be enough to make it necessary or worth having a spur.

One builder mentioned it was regs to have them but another was okay to follow the manufacturers guidance.

I'm guessing it's very much harder to add later than do when I'm having a lot of other work done?

Thanks again!

Heaters over 2kW are generally expected to be on their own circuit so your water heater and induction hob are almost certainly already on their own circuit.

Diversity takes care of the likelihood of everything running at the same time.