Finished floor.. polished concrete

Moggaman

Hi.

We are putting in a polished concrete floor in our new self build. My wife would like no skirting board at the wall floor junction. The walls will be plastered before the floor.

there is a 25mm strip of insulation to go between the floor and the walls. Clearly If that is brought to the top , it will be seen. Slab is 75mm thick… can I stop the insulation at 50mm and run the slab over the top of the insulation??

I see no skirting on programmes a lot these days and wonder how they achieve it

thanks

I’ve done these with both skirting and no skirting 

Either way the dot and dab plasterboard will cover the strip 

The ones I’ve done without skirting I’ve used a knock on stop bead on the bottom of  the plasterboard Quite a nice look 

This will still allow movement 

17 minutes ago, nod said:

I’ve done these with both skirting and no skirting 

Either way the dot and dab plasterboard will cover the strip 

The ones I’ve done without skirting I’ve used a knock on stop bead on the bottom of  the plasterboard Quite a nice look 

This will still allow movement 

My finish is just wet plaster!

You can’t plaster first 

Apart from the new plaster getting ruined while they are laying the concrete 

The plaster will suck all the moister out of the floor causing the skin to blow 

If you use a wet backing plaster (S&C) 

You will have to put a skirting on to cover the expansion gap 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

shouldnt be the profile sits tight to the floor over the top of it. This is where you find out how good the screeder was.

Sorry to labour the point but I’m not with you!. I will have sand cement render onto block as my internal finish. That’s probably 12mm to 15mm. The insulation is 25mm!.. won’t it be seen?

my best option is a stop bead , maybe 10mm above ffl. Plaster down to this . Do floors with polyiso strip largely sitting under wall plaster and cover with skirting board… I can’t see another option.

Thanks for all the input here . I am going to  plaster walls first from ceiling down to subfloor level .Quick question on expansion of the plaster?..I will have expansion insulation between floor and  wall plaster. Will the wall plaster need room expand?.