is this normal carpet fitting procedures? HELP!

TryC

so, beading removal is now taking place, and I saw this...the guy glued the carpet to the underlay - is this even normal???

in my humble opinion to, the installer should have replaced the old grippers with the ones I paid for, as they are looking worse for wear!

Screenshot_20211218-143237_Gallery.jpg

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

Yes that’s crap, new grippers is the norm and carpet should not be glued to underlay, how can it be stretched to be fitted. ? Get them back to fit properly.

no clue right, but that is so weird, I've never seen that - not that I have seen that many carpets before. but my gosh.  i imagine the guy thought it would be stretched with the carpet (the underlay?). And this install, was £100 and it was a bodge. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

so, the carpet will be replaced now, however, the supplier said that I might still have a line in the new carpet (two tones), because it has been stood up the in the warehouse? but this makes no sense to me. As they initially said the two tone line in the first carpet is a result of being stored for months, but this new carpet will be installed almost immediately after it is in store - so why would there be a line?? it makes no sense?

he also referred me to the other carpet I had installed (he said most carpets have two tones), I've not noticed it but I've now got furniture on the other carpet and am not going to hunt to look for different colours! I was just perplexed at his omission!