I understand that you can claim plants on your vat claim if this was part of your planning condition. What I am not sure about is do all the individual plants have to be itemised separately to ensure that Hmrc do not query the claim as on our plan the design just makes reference to shrubbed borders but does mention specific trees. Having read recent failures with the vat claim over not being specific enough we do not want to fall foul of this if we can prevent this from the outset.

Thanks for any advice  

I claimed for our hedge plants OK, without specifying the individual plant types.  The approved landscaping plan just had something like "native hedging" on it, and the claim was for a few hundred bare root mixed native hedging plants.  HMRC didn't comment on this, even though they did comment on other things that held the claim up for around 3 months,

Hmmm. A positive side to extensive conditions to balance the negative side of saying too much then having to do it all !

Do we need a list of items that can be included in PCs on request in order to make them part of the basic build, and thereby recover VAT thereupon ? 9_9

Lorryload of topsoil? 5yr supply of fertiliser (since maintenance is sometimes mandated)? Rocks for a rockery? Weathercock for the gable end?

Edited by Ferdinand