Help Needed Brick and Block Quantities

Needing to place order for brick and block work for our extension drawings attached.

Is anyone able to offer estimates on quantities needed. From DPC.

I have calculated the amount but would like to cross check with those more experienced than I.

I believe 3325 bricks and 558 blocks don't want to over order but of course do not want to leave the bricklayer short

Screenshot_20211201-232606.png

Screenshot_20211201-232535.png

Screenshot_20211201-232553.png

Edited by Natasha

m2 of wall minus openings x60 +10% some brickies are very wasteful, I make them use both halves of cut bricks and turn broken bricks into cuts ot halves. Seen 20% waste on big sites 

blocks same but probably have to order whole packs of both bricks and blocks 

• Like 1

Prior to approaching our brickie I had calculated the numbers previously stated of 3325.

He has estimated 4200 which I know will account for wastage but not sure if this is over cautious.

Pallets are 390 qty 

9 pallets would provide 3510 bricks (185 bricks "waste") 

Just after other people's views before I go back to him as I don't want to unfairly challenge the numbers.

I have had packs of bricks where at least 10% are broken on delivery.

Brickie does not want to pick up a brick more that once so will chuck anything imperfect, rather than use it for cuts.

Find out if your supplier will restock unopened packs.

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I have had packs of bricks where at least 10% are broken on delivery.

Brickie does not want to pick up a brick more that once so will chuck anything imperfect, rather than use it for cuts.

Find out if your supplier will restock unopened packs.

I have asked the question.

I think this will be the most sensible approach.

Was curious how sharp my calculations were. ☺️ I'll hopefully find them to be in my favour. 

Thanks for taking the time to post on here for me  

2 hours ago, tonyshouse said:

m2 of wall minus openings x60 +10% some brickies are very wasteful, I make them use both halves of cut bricks and turn broken bricks into cuts ot halves. Seen 20% waste on big sites 

blocks same but probably have to order whole packs of both bricks and blocks 

Thanks for getting back to me. That's what I thought.

I will check everything he chucks in the skip...KIDDING! 

Hopefully we won't get too much waste and I will see if we can return unopened. 

All part of my bricking education! 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

I will check everything he chucks in the skip...KIDDING! 

Well… that’s what we insist on ..! All blocks and bricks go to one side and are sorted before chucking anything in a skip. Halves of bricks and blocks get cleaned and re-used. 

Don’t forget, you also need back fill for soakaways so brick and block offcuts can always be used for that. 

• Like 1

The comments about waste are correct. You will have to go round the site and collect the dropped bricks and halfs, as they will not.

Some bricks are very consistent while others (the characterful ones) may have 'bananas'

Re blocks you can often order precisely but ask the mechamt if you can have any more at the same price.

For bricks you can only do this if they set aside a batch, as otherwise they won't match.

Then be prepared to collect them yourself to keep the bricky going.

Better than a big pile of unused, or expensive hardcore.