F*ckWit neighbours strike again

23 minutes ago, pocster said:

Because the neighbor deliberately caused this . I was trying to demonstrate how bitchy and vindictive they can be . The outcome will be fine for me .

Might be nice to say “thank you” to her as because of her you end up with a better outcome ?(which will really stick in her throat).

15 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Might be nice to say “thank you” to her as because of her you end up with a better outcome ?(which will really stick in her throat).

I’ll say something to her but it won’t be thank you 

• Like 1

On 01/12/2021 at 21:35, Onoff said:

I'd be sticking a fake orange planning notice on the pole in the dead of night. New halfway house, traveller pitch etc. 

She might not get that. How about a fake planning notice announcing the build of a Bail Hostel for Teenage Pyromaniacs.

1 hour ago, epsilonGreedy said:

She might not get that. How about a fake planning notice announcing the build of a Bail Hostel for Teenage Pyromaniacs.

Or the twat next-door builds an underground house - something equally stupid.

I have a novel problem - I get on too well with my neighbor to the current site.  He is having a chalet bungalow built on a site about 4 miles away and is clearly hoping that I will be his forkie.

Can't tell him to f*ck off as 1. he is too nice and 2. he has put up with all of our bullshit and colourful language for the past 12 months.  The problem is that the forks doesn't have a hi/low gearing so it does 11mph top whack on the road - the one time I went there to off load his blocks it felt like I was dying inside...  I drive an Audi RS3 btw (seen here in front of the new gaff now that we have made up ground!!).

Came to light when he said he was amending his scaffold to include a loading bay so I asked his brickie (using my chap) who the forkie was!

20211202_155045.jpg

39 minutes ago, Faz said:

I have a novel problem - I get on too well with my neighbor to the current site.  He is having a chalet bungalow built on a site about 4 miles away and is clearly hoping that I will be his forkie.

Can't tell him to f*ck off as 1. he is too nice and 2. he has put up with all of our bullshit and colourful language for the past 12 months.  The problem is that the forks doesn't have a hi/low gearing so it does 11mph top whack on the road - the one time I went there to off load his blocks it felt like I was dying inside...  I drive an Audi RS3 btw (seen here in front of the new gaff now that we have made up ground!!).

Came to light when he said he was amending his scaffold to include a loading bay so I asked his brickie (using my chap) who the forkie was!

20211202_155045.jpg

Yeah he's got you over a barrel and I don't mean for his personal pleasure. Best thing to do is say "yes" you'll do the job, then stick a quote through his letterbox.

I am beginning to see why you may be having problems with neighbors bud.  Had the benefits - we did a lateral into his sewer etc and took site temp feeds for power and water (which we did bung him £500 for plus use but it was a massive help) but it is one of them. Going to cost me a few hours in the forks and some diesel but everything is harmonious.

Clearly the answer is to suck it up and deal with it. But 11 mph....

9 minutes ago, Faz said:

I am beginning to see why you may be having problems with neighbors bud.  Had the benefits - we did a lateral into his sewer etc and took site temp feeds for power and water (which we did bung him £500 for plus use but it was a massive help) but it is one of them. Going to cost me a few hours in the forks and some diesel but everything is harmonious.

Clearly the answer is to suck it up and deal with it. But 11 mph....

Drink lots of beer then drive it . 11mph won’t matter then ? 

• 1 month later...

Just an update.

Openreach have decided they need to install "traffic management" for the installation of the fibre internet. I laughed. It's an unadopted highway and you can imagine I've had electric/water etc. chopping it up in the past with no issues ( apart from neighbours bitching of course ).

Then BT told me maybe April!!!!

FFS! I think was my response.

I was then told since I had applied for install in Nov 21 I would get £5.14 (I think ) a day until the fibre is fully installed and functional.

So I reckon 900 quid.

Guess I'll manage with relatively slow 4G connection until then.

Cannot wait to see the "traffic management" for what is just a very simple lane entrance. This alone will piss the neighbours off more much to my amusement.

Photo's to follow in April!

Edited by pocster

On 01/12/2021 at 13:05, pocster said:

No you can't. But this is vindictive. She won't take a parcel in for me ; even delivery driver says "she hates you ".

I appreciate it's their right to refuse it. I did suggest to open reach to get a drone and fly it over - as a serious suggestion.

Apparently they only do that in Scotland - I guess due to the nature of the landscape.

Still. When their driveways blocked or a parcel comes for them - you can only imagine my glee ....

Bow and arrow?

• Like 1

We had the "traffic management" nonsense when having our line installed.  They needed to access a connection pit in the grass verge but deemed it too dangerous to do that with passing traffic so needed one lane of the road coned off with traffic lights.

On the appointed day the traffic management firm came and set up the lights in the morning.  They sat there all day annoying the motorists while nothing happened. At about 3PM the lights were removed having served no function other than delay the motorists.  Shortly after Open Reach turned up,  It was an old school bloke who just parked his van there with hazard lights on while he made the connection in the pit.

What a farce.

• Like 2