F*ckWit neighbours strike again

As everyone hates me ; simple things become small battles.

We require fibre internet. There's a pole available but on the otherwise of a neighbouring property. This would require attaching to the pole and then walking the cable across the neighbours land to attach to a pole in our garden. It should be noted they already have a cable at similar height running along their rear and above window height. So the visual impact of another cable would be negligible . Anyway the BITCH won't give them access as a malicious dig at me.

So we go the only other available route. Digging up the lane to get the fibre to my boundary. This means of course cutting across outside their driveway and one would assume would be more inconvenient . When will my neighbours learn; the more they try and stop me the more chance I have of success . They are still (expletive deleted) though of course ?

3 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

I'm not sure if people can stop telephone lines oversailing their property???

No you can't. But this is vindictive. She won't take a parcel in for me ; even delivery driver says "she hates you ".

I appreciate it's their right to refuse it. I did suggest to open reach to get a drone and fly it over - as a serious suggestion.

Apparently they only do that in Scotland - I guess due to the nature of the landscape.

Still. When their driveways blocked or a parcel comes for them - you can only imagine my glee ....

15 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Got new neighbours moving I  today.

Already had my first talk with them about parking.

Can see this as an ongoing thing already the driver is a (expletive deleted).

I offered them 100 quid a month to spy on you and report back too me .

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

I offered them 100 quid a month to spy on you and report back too me .

They are probably so stupid that they would not understand what you were saying.

If they cannot understand what 'park in your parking space' means, even when you point to the empty space closer to their door, they will not understand what you are offering.

Edited by SteamyTea

3 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

They are probably so stupid that they would not understand what you were saying.

If they cannot understand what 'park in your parking space' means, even when you point to the empty space closer to their door, they will not understand what you are offering.

now go and put in planning permission

So is the pole on their property? No, my understanding (from Working with BT for many years) that they cannot stop over sailing cables but they can stop access. Draw us a plan and let’s see what we come up with (I will sneak up the pole after dark if you want ?).

Just now, joe90 said:

So is the pole on their property? No, my understanding (from Working with BT for many years) that they cannot stop over sailing cables but they can stop access. Draw us a plan and let’s see what we come up with (I will sneak up the pole after dark if you want ?).

No pole not on their property.

"I will sneak up the pole after dark if you want" - number of times I've heard that line.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Is it the people in no 44, on the corner, I can see one cable going in your direction but google earth can’t show where it’s going to ?

It is. There is a cable going from the pole to the other house next too me ( number 3 ).

It doesn't matter now as we are going to dig up the street. I will put an xmas card into number 44 saying

"Merry Xmas you complete (expletive deleted) , I hope your twats get (expletive deleted)ed and you rot in bed with your (expletive deleted)ed up life"

1 hour ago, bassanclan said:

I'm not sure if people can stop telephone lines oversailing their property???

You can if access to the property is required to install the new line.

Two years ago when faced with a similar situation, though in that case I was playing the role of @pocster's neighbour, the forum was sympathetic to my plight and told me to dig my heels in and object to the oversailing intrusion.

The fickle madness of crowds as they say.

There are always two sides to such stories. In my case the pole was on the west boundary of my plot and the other property was 15m beyond the east boundary. The neighbour and BT OpenReach wanted to sling the cable 45m across the entire and longest dimension of my 45m x 30m plot. The total span was greater than BT's own 55m guidance. We had bought the plot specifically for the central courtyard feature and its southerly aspect. The proposed oversailing cable would have bisected that southerly view. Such oversailing cables can droop to 10ft before BT Openreach is obliged to take action.

Edited by epsilonGreedy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

playing the role of @pocster's neighbour,

Needles in the eyes for you!. I believe open reach have a cost limit ( before they start billing the customer for the install ) of £3,400!!!

Luckily to dig a trench from the road to my plot is just under that cost. Madness really; as a line across ( following an existing line ) would be considerably cheaper for them.

They did say it would benefit my twatty neighbours if they ever wanted fibre though... I'll make sure I cut the cable at their junction if that happens.

Oh look - she's out in the street looking at the spray paint line the open reach guy has left. Wonder if she can lip read??. I'm saying all the stuff I can't type here.....

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, pocster said:

Luckily to dig a trench from the road to my plot is just under that cost.

It will be a more tidy long term solution for all concerned. Better start calling her the nice neighbour who helped push you towards a proper solution.

In my case the disputed cable is still overhead but was routed down a public road from another pole. That span is 61m.

• Like 1

But as @pocster said above, a span exists between these poles, so it’s been done before so very little will change. I hope they accidentally dig up their gas/lecky/water ?. When I was working for BT, we had to renew a Span and a house owner refused to let us in to do it so we pulled two new spans in with the existing one, job done ?.

• Like 3

Trench it and make sure they do a half arsed job on the compaction right in from of their drive - get a deckchair and the popcorn ready for when the massive rut appears in 2 years time.  I have been lucky with neighbors - just 1 crazy old bat living opposite who we had occasion to invite her to get f*cked before we had even started on site....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

It will be a more tidy long term solution for all concerned. Better start calling her the nice neighbour who helped push you towards a proper solution.

In my case the disputed cable is still overhead but was routed down a public road from another pole. That span is 61m.

Nah she’s still a bitch . I’ll outlive her anyway - so winner , winner , chicken dinner ? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Faz said:

Trench it and make sure they do a half arsed job on the compaction right in from of their drive - get a deckchair and the popcorn ready for when the massive rut appears in 2 years time.  I have been lucky with neighbors - just 1 crazy old bat living opposite who we had occasion to invite her to get f*cked before we had even started on site....

Contentious self builds in established residential areas smoke out the crazys that's for sure.

• Like 2

It is any resi build mate - the 88 flat scheme I did in London had them out in droves.  They got Councillors and MP's involved - all sorts of nonsense - it became like I had Touretts - I was telling people to F*CK RIGHT OFF dawn to dusk.

Funnily enough I have never had issues with the commercial stuff I have done - only residential.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a bit confused. If it’s not costing you any more why do you care which way the cable goes and I’d have thought an underground route is a better outcome for you. Given a choice I’d want it buried than strung across two poles. 

Edited by Kelvin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

I’m a bit confused. If it’s not costing you any more why do you care which way the cable goes and I’d have thought an underground route is a better outcome for you. Given a choice I’d want it buried than strung across two poles. 

Because the neighbor deliberately caused this . I was trying to demonstrate how bitchy and vindictive they can be . The outcome will be fine for me .