ASHP tripping electric....HELP!!!

Chriswills

3 hours ago, TonyT said:

Slack terminals?

condensation inside RCD enclosure?

tired and old Wylex RCD?

I suppose it could just be a coincidence and removing KA6/2 doesn't actually do anything. If it was repeatedly and reliably the case that it trips when KA6/2 inserted then we wouldn't look elsewhere but that doesn't seem to be the case so yes, maybe swap out the RCD for another.

2 hours ago, Radian said:

I suppose it could just be a coincidence and removing KA6/2 doesn't actually do anything. If it was repeatedly and reliably the case that it trips when KA6/2 inserted then we wouldn't look elsewhere but that doesn't seem to be the case so yes, maybe swap out the RCD for another.

Im quite certain its to do with KA6/2, as i tried a number of times taking it out and replacing it with the trip occurring when it went back in. I even took KA6/1 and put it into KA6/2 and still it tripped.

The RCD had been changed to begin with, sorry if I id not mention this.

IMG_3745.JPG

OK so going back to where you pulled out interconnect D (feed to heater) and it still tripped, suspicion was shifted to the other contact on KA6/2 which appears to be the green light. This, however, isn't connected but the wiring between the relay and installer connection area may have an insulation failure somewhere in between. You want the crankcase heater to work so what you might do is unhook the two orange wires (NO and COM) but leave the relay in place (the heater circuit is the black wires between COM and NC). If you do this make sure to insulate the ends of the wires you remove!

12 hours ago, Radian said:

OK so going back to where you pulled out interconnect D (feed to heater) and it still tripped, suspicion was shifted to the other contact on KA6/2 which appears to be the green light. This, however, isn't connected but the wiring between the relay and installer connection area may have an insulation failure somewhere in between. You want the crankcase heater to work so what you might do is unhook the two orange wires (NO and COM) but leave the relay in place (the heater circuit is the black wires between COM and NC). If you do this make sure to insulate the ends of the wires you remove!

Thanks. It’s running OK at the moment for no apparent reason but if it trips again that’s what I will do straight away. Many thanks.