Possible street noise transfer through MVHR unit

Hi.

I live on a quite busy street and would like to install a MVHR unit in the void of a pitched roof which is facing the road.

The ducting  will be very short ( 1-2 m), taking it out from the Livingroom and supplying the air into the hallway, again with a very short ducting.

Does anyone know about how much MVHR units would transfer the noise from outside maybe?

I am looking currently at the following unit

Blauberg KOMFORT EC D5B 180-E S14

Thank you in advance for your help and thoughts.

Cheers

Manfred

Mine is installed in our warm loft, and yes when up in the loft I can hear outdoor street noises more clearly than elsewhere, however it doesn't transmit this noise past the MVHR unit itself so we don't get those noises in bedrooms etc. (Just a bit air movement noise as expected)

I've read some people have MVHR unit in a cupboard in a bedroom, I'd be very wary of the noise leakage from that. 

• Like 1

You'll need to install attenuators on the supply and extract ducts. This not only reduces fan noise but also external noise. With semi rigid ducting, insulated exhaust/inlet ducts, I don't see it being an issue. We have our external ducts in place in our new build but no mvhr yet, and I can't hear anything coming in through them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Conor said:

You'll need to install attenuators on the supply and extract ducts. This not only reduces fan noise but also external noise. With semi rigid ducting, insulated exhaust/inlet ducts, I don't see it being an issue. We have our external ducts in place in our new build but no mvhr yet, and I can't hear anything coming in through them.

Thank you very much for your input.

I have not heard about those and will make sure we will get these.

Do you live at a busy road too? Just wonder how much street noise they can possible eliminate :)

Cheers

Manfred