Hitachi S80 ASHP?

ashthekid

Anyone had a Hitachi S80 installed as their air source heat pump?

My energy consultant is now recommending a nominal 14Kw (max 16.7Kw) unit as my SAP calcs suggest I will require 15.7Kw to heat my property and hot water. The unit is approx 25m from the property and then anotehr 15m to where the boiler room is to be located so running a good 40m worth of air con pipework both externally and internally. Apparently the S80 High Temp heat pump can run upto 75+m.

And what about noise for this particular unit? It's a double fan so I'm guessing it will be quite noisy compared to others?

If I've found the correct unit online it states about 65 dBa for the outdoor unit. that seemed pretty high.

21 hours ago, ashthekid said:

unit is approx 25m from the property and then anotehr 15m to where the boiler room is to be located so running a good 40m worth of air con pipework both externally and internally. Apparently the S80 High Temp heat pump can run upto 75+m

Which ever way it is said,  it is still quite a distance.

Anyway it can be all closer together?

21 hours ago, ashthekid said:

energy consultant is now recommending a nominal 14Kw (max 16.7Kw) unit as my SAP calcs suggest I will require 15.7Kw to heat my

How does it get the extra 2.7 kW?

Is it via a built in resistance heater?

If so, then the unit is too small.

6 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Anyway it can be all closer together?

I can't get it closer together as the garden is extremely narrow so it would take up the whole patio so it makes more sense to put at the very rear of the narrow garden. Have neighbours either side and behind the rear of the garden so it's a tricky one with only one solution which is a split system.

My gut keeps telling me to go for the LG Therma V R32 but i just had another quote and they suggested the Hitachi Yutaki S80 again. But the 16 kW unit which makes a lot more sense for me.

7 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

How does it get the extra 2.7 kW?

I'm not sure of how it does this, it doesn't detail it in the brochure.

Hitachi High Temp Heating and DHW Install Pack.pdf