ICF build not progressing

bellski

3 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I would talk to icf supplies in Essex, they will sort you out a contractor. 

They sent me a number of options but most are south of the M25 or South West so quite a ways to travel.

Several I spoke to were not so keen with that aspect.

@Nkoru yes that’s the one we used, it does have to be the builder who claims it though so it’s not like self build, that worked for our circumstances though as didn’t want it to drag on. Our house is basically like a new build though because we removed so much of it and added a first floor.

Edited by rh2205

21 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I would talk to icf supplies in Essex, they will sort you out a contractor. 

Did that also, guy promised to send me details twice, but no show. He was more miffed that someone sold us Nudura in "his patch". Almost feel we are  being shut out by the supply chain. Happy to sell but not so keen to held now. We do not expect back what we paid but a fair price. Considering the cost will increase 2020 this allows for someone to get a good deal, well that's our idea. 

23 hours ago, rh2205 said:

@Nkoru yes that’s the one we used, it does have to be the builder who claims it though so it’s not like self build, that worked for our circumstances though as didn’t want it to drag on. Our house is basically like a new build though because we removed so much of it and added a first floor.

@rh2205 Thank you so much , that really helps. We are juggling figures to see what works out more cost effective - rebuild or renovate, that helps a lot.