Resealing walk in shower

I've got one of those fancy kits from Amazon and I am going to be removing the sealant on our walk in shower and redoing it as we have noticed water leaks out of the corner onto our bathroom floor which must be happening between the tray and glass screen as we have shower wall panelling.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a helpful YouTube video or similar on how to seal a walk in shower or if there is a particular knack to getting it right to make sure it doesn't leak again!

Ta

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-smoothing-tools-straight-joints/92313?kpid=92313&ds_kid=92700058168036893&ds_rl=1249416&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GQLWGlCfSGvwVskgQPErwF4yqfyPiMXfa6YzSpaZnnytYcjBkx4GnUaAhDlEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

get something like one of the above for pro results.

bag of baby wipes to clear the excess.

and a decent silicone I like Dow Corning, as I have expensive tastes?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I've got one of those fancy kits from Amazon and I am going to be removing the sealant on our walk in shower and redoing it as we have noticed water leaks out of the corner onto our bathroom floor which must be happening between the tray and glass screen as we have shower wall panelling.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a helpful YouTube video or similar on how to seal a walk in shower or if there is a particular knack to getting it right to make sure it doesn't leak again!

Ta

You’ll likely need to dismantle it, and remove at least the glass panel. 

The section you need to seal to stop this once and for all is not accessible from ‘outside’ so pointless advising you how to go slapping a band-aid over this, sorry!

The sealant ( clear CT1 ) needs to be behind the wall profile, joining the tray to the wall panel, for the distance of the profile. This is a hugely common f-up by a lot of installers, as the water collects inside the gap between the wall & shower metal profiles, drops to the bottom, is grid caprice by the ‘outside’ sealant and has nowhere to go other than into that gap between the tray and the panel.

Needs doing properly  ;)  

5 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

You’ll likely need to dismantle it, and remove at least the glass panel. 

The section you need to seal to stop this once and for all is not accessible from ‘outside’ so pointless advising you how to go slapping a band-aid over this, sorry!

The sealant ( clear CT1 ) needs to be behind the wall profile, joining the tray to the wall panel, for the distance of the profile. This is a hugely common f-up by a lot of installers, as the water collects inside the gap between the wall & shower metal profiles, drops to the bottom, is grid caprice by the ‘outside’ sealant and has nowhere to go other than into that gap between the tray and the panel.

Needs doing properly  ;)  

Oh hell, I'll have to look into taking it all apart what a nightmare.

3 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

The sealant ( clear CT1 ) needs to be behind the wall profile, joining the tray to the wall panel, for the distance of the profile

@Nickfromwales exactly which bit do you mean?

You can see here the build up of silicone and where it's run under the skirting 

IMG_20211126_160631.thumb.jpg.3f37df348375b075f500156ac84d4b9a.jpg

This is the inside:

IMG_20211126_160740.thumb.jpg.c19489c75a0d03e395ffd9f327e492b2.jpg

How on earth do the damn screens come off?!?

Edited by canalsiderenovation