Leaky bloody ensuite !

Pocster

Rip it out and start again. Clean all the silicone off of it, every last bit. 

Was the trap the same make as the tray? Sometimes the trap rubber washers are generic thus a bit of a crap fit to that particular tray ( so said your uncle way back).

I can only go by what I did and the tips given. 

I ditched one washer and loaded with Sika EBT. The top side has come out really well IMO. I wasn't overly fussed about underneath.

20170120_185749

Baby wipe around and walk away until set:

20170120_185726

Did the same with the overflow:

20170120_185740

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Rip it out and start again. Clean all the silicone off of it, every last bit. 

Was the trap the same make as the tray? Sometimes the trap rubber washers are generic thus a bit of a crap fit to that particular tray ( so said your uncle way back).

I can only go by what I did and the tips given. 

I ditched one washer and loaded with Sika EBT. The top side has come out really well IMO. I wasn't overly fussed about underneath.

20170120_185749

Baby wipe around and walk away until set:

20170120_185726

Did the same with the overflow:

20170120_185740

Yeah trap supplied with tray . Getting it out is the issue as it’s awkward and trap and metal insert will all be silicone… . Monday I’ll attempt to rip it out . Might try the multi tool under neath to cut the trap in half or something ….

Well ! The cover ( what do you call the bit that screws in from above the tray? ) came undone easy - too easy imho .

Not touched the trap - but it looks like a decent seal .. ( but isn’t ) . Getting the trap out easy now . Recommendation for a new decent trap etc. - screw fix link appreciated !

F3412EF3-631E-422A-8227-7BA976FF009F.jpeg

8A0FBD8D-89D6-4B94-AA21-E96B71FBA992.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Gone West said:

Do I still silicone ring to trap then trap to underside ? . Or just fit unbodged first ? ?

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Do I still silicone ring to trap then trap to underside ? . Or just fit unbodged first ? ?

I didn't use any silicone but did check the surfaces were flat and smooth. IIRC I used silicone grease on the outlet compression fitting.

3 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

Use CT1, both above the tray and below. Every time you undo it there's more likelihood of damaging the rubber, so do it bombproof once.

+1 for the macalpine, available in Screwfix or Toolstation (just check the size of hole in the tray)

Notice also with the macalphine it has a rubber washer for above the tray . Thought it was strange the supplied one had none . 

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

Notice also with the macalphine it has a rubber washer for above the tray . Thought it was strange the supplied one had none . 

You can fit without top rubber (some people think the black rubber looks like mold so don’t want it) but then needs a good flexible clear or white ct1 or silicon 

• Thanks 1

Fitted the mcalphine . Seems a much better fit. Rubber seems much thicker ( SWMBO told me about this ).

Had a slight leak on my glued pipework ; up a ladder , limited view, limited light so will forgive myself. Tiger sealed around those joints. So full test tomorrow when SWMBO showers. Also 'cheated' a bit ( but again will forgive myself as accessible ) and fitted a flexicon onto the new pipework again to make my life a bit easier.

So so far looking promising!!!

Forgot!. Tightening the actual trap to the tray (from above ) about a million times easier than the previous trap. Easy to grip; lots of thread - so much better!

Edited by pocster
  • Like 1

All this leaking / dripping pipework worries me.  Does your BC insist on a drain pressure test?  They do up here and I would be surprised if yours passed that.  Time to find out NOW if they do, and ensure it all passes. You don't want to be finding out at completion time they need that test, and it fails, and it's all boxed in.

Just now, ProDave said:

All this leaking / dripping pipework worries me.  Does your BC insist on a drain pressure test?  They do up here and I would be surprised if yours passed that.  Time to find out NOW if they do, and ensure it all passes. You don't want to be finding out at completion time they need that test, and it fails, and it's all boxed in.

? don't know. Don't care. Last thing BC said too me was to call them when it's finished. During the entire build they have effectively checked ZERO even when I call them out at ( what I think! ) are important points.

Perhaps someone else in the Bristol area might comment if BC want to see a drain pressure test done?  All I know is Highland council WILL want to see that, so you want to be sure your drains don't have any leaks before you cover them with plasterboard.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Perhaps someone else in the Bristol area might comment if BC want to see a drain pressure test done?  All I know is Highland council WILL want to see that, so you want to be sure your drains don't have any leaks before you cover them with plasterboard.

One step ahead of you @ProDave ( though appreciate your input ) we are having “ Swindon office “ type ceiling tiles - so all pipework ( good and bad ) accessible. No boxing in for me !

Chicken curry tonight 

image.jpg