Leaky bloody ensuite !

Pocster

I have a leak from the ensuite waste . Tested this ages ago all fine . SWMBO has a shower - slight leak . I manage to tighten the trap half a turn - leaks even more !!

Can’t see anything obvious. Trap seems good , rubber seal seems good . Underside of tray hole is a bit tight to that timber - but as you can see in photo’s it’s not catching in . Is there perhaps a different / better trap I can use ???

EB048B1A-0ADA-47D2-9840-4FADC7967BB8.jpeg

DEF3D805-753D-474C-BC34-E326BA58D02E.jpeg

51C87DF8-8FD1-413A-BF71-8AA4B4F6E382.jpeg

2A9B885C-8802-47E5-931E-5B21AB03B48F.jpeg

Edited by pocster

I reckon it’s the dimples on underside of tray, add a thick bead of silicon and put back in.

yes the seal should work from above but I had a similar problem with my cast stone tray,

Edited by markc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PeterW said:

CT1 - thin bead between the seal and the trap, same between seal and tray then do it up and leave 24 hours. 

I’m just worried if I do that and it still leaks I’ll never get it out .( between seal and tray I mean ) 

31 minutes ago, pocster said:

Ok - you’re the boss !. Think I’ll ct1 the rubber ring to the fitting first and let that set 

14 minutes ago, PeterW said:

don’t do that please, do as you’re told and don’t question it. 

This is his last warning before we move to DEFCON 5. ?
Put it all together in the same wet sealant session. Resistance is futile. 

21 minutes ago, PeterW said:

don’t do that please, do as you’re told and don’t question it. 

But you said to do that 

“ CT1 - thin bead between the seal and the trap, same between seal and tray then do it up and leave 24 hours“

I thought it would be better to stick seal to trap ( let it set ; also can’t move ) then silicone whole lot to tray …

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

But you said to do that 

“ CT1 - thin bead between the seal and the trap, same between seal and tray then do it up and leave 24 hours“

I thought it would be better to stick seal to trap ( let it set ; also can’t move ) then silicone whole lot to tray …

Do it all in one operation - that ensures that the imperfections between the tray and the seal, and the seal and the waste are all accounted for when it tightens. If you do one first, you will potentially glue the seal off centre and then end up with the seal not parallel to the flanges and it will leak. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, pocster said:

Ffs , yes boss 

This might be tricky on my own so as I am crap apprentice I may need SWMBO as my crap apprentice . So to Nick she would be crap,crap apprentice ...

Or I could just 'risk' doing it all on my own...

Still leaks ffs !

Now what ?

Try getting it out ?

Try smearing perhaps tiger seal around the trap to tray joint ? - but as you can see I can’t see the other side of the trap . It’s above beam and block and then beyond it is steel ?

8717B059-41F2-4775-8710-B172C5314403.jpeg