Gap in wall left by builders

Zeffo77

Hi. I have a draft coming into the living room. Upon removing the plastic facia on the outside of the wall, my lovely builders had left it un-bricked and with no insulation.
We has insulation put in but the draft is still present across the whole wall. As a temporary fix I have stuffed polystyrene into the gap between the wall and my ceiling.
Should I lay brick to fill in the gap outside or as my brother-in-law tells me, use timber as I need air circulation. Or can I just fill in from inside the house with foam insulation?
Original builders will not be coming back so they will not be fixing it!
I have attached pictures of the gap, the inside wall and the wall outside with a plastic fascia on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

IMG_20211124_145445.jpg

IMG_20211124_145453.jpg

IMG_20211124_145505.jpg

IMG-20211024-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20211024-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20211025-WA0013.jpg

I take it the builder arrived on a horse wearing a pair of spurs?

Even allowing for the outside gaps, that is no reason for that leak to transfer cold air to the inside so that is two completely separate faults that are allowing cold air in.

As above that is always going to be difficult to detail properly building that close, hence no render on most of the wall, but that is no excuse for not getting the inside detail correct.

It may be that the gap outside is deliberate to ventilate the roof space.  Is there a room above or is it a loft?

On the other hand, why does the ceiling not go all the way to the wall? Was there just a gap left up into the roof? Is there some kind of stepped ceiling?

Assuming that is a roof space, you need to put a piece of plasterboard in across the gap. Then you have to go up into the roof space and put insulation above the plasterboard. It doesn’t matter if cold air gets in above the insulation from outside.

What you have done with foam there will do nothing to stop a draught. You need to fill all the gaps. Tape is the best way to do this, expanding spray foam is OK but still likely to leave gaps.

Ok we will start on the outside. There looks to be no vent strip under the tiles which would mean you could close that massive gap of. If you cover it now you won't get enough ventilation into that space and will cause more issues. Your going to have to lift the first row of tiles up and lay the strips and set the tiles and felt over the strip. Once that is done then you can cover that massive gap in with timber and then faced with the black plastic.

Not sure what is actually going on with that inside. Is that some sort of drop ceiling and they have made a complete arse of putting it up and have left it way short.

What exactly is above that opening if you remove the bits you have put in??? Can you see any wooden joists??

Have you access to that so you can work at it from above??