Lots of spare pipe - what to do

Adam2

So the UFH is in and subject to freezing weather not freezing too much I'll have my screed down tomorrow ?

Assuming that goes to plan and we don't have a mini-drama of frozen/bust UFH pipes/fittings I'm wondering what to do with the large amount of extra pipe I have from the UFH. I used Wunda 16mm can this be easily re-purposed for my H&C services? I had my design based on Hep2o but may change that if this Wunda pipe can sensibly be re-used but if it means buying tools and faffing around there may not be much benefit so would be good to know what's involved in re-using this in terms of fittings for 16mm similar to the planned Hep2o

OK if not sensible to reuse for plumbing then will put under the garage to collect dust for 10 years then throw away ? Or maybe will think of creative uses!

Though on the positive side - screed done on 4 floors with no floating pipes or other drama - always an anti-climax after few weeks of work getting all ready then covered up in screed within a day.  

Edited by Adam2

I ended up giving a whole 100m roll away, no one here wanted it, off cuts are in the garage roof waiting fir inspiration on making something with it.. I will find a use fir it the day after I throw it away ?

• Haha 1

Well I've done my domestic hot and cold in 16mm, all used from left over Pex-al-Pex from the UFH.

The price of Hep2o pipe I found to be

significant.

Emmetti manifolds take the 16mm pipe and the MLCP fittings are easy to use & so far 100% reliable.

IMG_20210822_160942.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I will find a use fir it the day after I throw it away

Quite, I have no attic in this house but I do have a nice space under the garage which will serve a similar purpose. Either that or facebook marketplace along with a LOT of other things that have been building up these past few weeks - why on earth I have a whole roll of land-drain is a total mystery

46 minutes ago, willbish said:

Well I've done my domestic hot and cold in 16mm

Very nice - just did a quick price check and yes Screwfix is £2 /m roughly for 15mm which is pretty heavy going if I have a couple of 100 m going spare. Will look at the Emmetti fittings - any downside you found using it?

14 hours ago, Adam2 said:

Will look at the Emmetti fittings - any downside you found using it?

The manifolds are Emmetti and the fittings I used were Rifeng. The fittings are more expensive than Hep and you'll need a spanner! But as its only one fitting per outlet pipe and a couple for shower heads, the savings weren't lost.