Temp builders power supply?

shuff27

I've established that my timber frame contractors will only need somewhere to charge batteries for power tools, which can be done off an extension lead from my helpful neighbour's supply.

So is there any benefit (or requirement for other trades) of having a temp supply power externally (Western Power will do this on request but charge extra), or should I just arrange for the supply to go straight to the permanent meter position on the wall of the house?  I'd be interested to hear what others did.

Concrete mixers, lighting, disk cutters, etc etc. All need power or engines, get a supply put in and make the build a lot easier and more efficient 

p.s. concrete mixer is for screed, grout, parge ….

Edited by markc

1 minute ago, markc said:

Concrete mixers, lighting, disk cutters, etc etc. All need power or engines, get a supply put in and make the build a lot easier and more efficient 

p.s. concrete mixer is for screed, grout, parge ….

My hired mixer is diesel - already plenty of use for my massive brick boundary wall!

3 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

If your neighbour is OK for you to use their power (and water?) it is a right result.  Well worth a decent gift or agree an amount per month paid in cash up front.

Already using my neighbour's power & water - my plot used to be part of his garden so I could argue he's already had a decent gift worth £216k from me!