After 7 years ; moving in ….

It’s true ! ?

Not complete ( of course ) but after 7 years we actually move in tomorrow.

What have i learnt ? . With infinite support and help from this forum you can build a non standard house built by an unskilled non standard human ? . I always felt my journey was a testament to this forum . If I were a plumber , joiner , brickie etc. then that would be a distinct natural advantage. Yet I am an ex software engineer who builds his house bit by bit ( had to get that joke in , sorry ! )

There have been mistakes a plenty ( not all mine ) - many wft moments . The build literally consists of blood , sweat , tears and indeed other bodily fluids .

So thank you to all that offer help and advice . Those that tolerate seemingly stupid questions ( usually are stupid actually ) . But most of all to give time to help someone achieve more than they are capable of . This is the power of buildhub . I will now post some witty comments elsewhere ; or some obscenity that will get me a naughty boy badge .

Edited by pocster
  • Like 27

2 hours ago, pocster said:

an unskilled non standard human

That's me! You embarked on your path 7-years ago; I am taking my first steps on mine. (I am presently ruminating on the daunting prospect of installing 4,820 brick slips during the winter.)

You were once the pupil; now you are the master.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dreadnaught said:

That's me! You embarked on your path 7-years ago; I am taking my first steps on mine. (I am presently ruminating on the daunting prospect of installing 4,820 brick slips during the winter.)

You were once the pupil; now you are the master.

I can do it so YOU can do it. Took me 8 months to build a random stone wall through winter, sleet and rain.

Had chronic plantar faciitis one year and couldn't stand - needed to dig a trench - normally take me a day. Took me 2 weeks on my knees.

The challenges will come. They will overload you. You say (expletive deleted) YOU to them and get on with it. I know your journey; so I will know your pain ( sounds like a quote from a  movie! ). Help's here ( not from me! ; I'm (expletive deleted)ing useless )) use it !

Edited by pocster
Brackets open/closed must be the same as any good software engineer knows
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

a little too much to drink tomorrow eh?

Yes but maybe be think / count to 10 before posting here until you are over the worst of it - you may live to regret the pictures! EG NEWSFLASH (Pardon the pun) "Pocster 20 million followers / voyeurs!"

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

As @Nickfromwales has stated . You wouldn’t ask another man to stroke your scrotum nor must you ask him to finish your bathroom . 

In case anyone was wondering that’s a quote from squid games 2 . You heard it hear 1st folks !

Edited by pocster