UFH noise

Taff

Hi Guys firstly apologies I’ve been missing in action for sometime. There’s never a free moment.

so we have the ASHP installed and running still trying to bloody work the

bloody thing out! Getting there slowly though.

have an issue with noise when the ufh comes on I can hear all the gurgling etc from the plant room hopefully that’s normal and can live with that. However, after a short period of time this horrendous banging starts I thought there was a robber in the room so was wary about going in! When it’s banging the valve in the picture has the ball inside and it’s goes up and down making this horrendous noise. This picture is the culprit I’ll get a video of the problem and update.

does anyone know the name of this component. The float that is in the middle of it jumps from the point it’s at to the bottoms springs back up if that makes sense.

cheers 257B429E-F259-4DEF-B46D-13BE7A0B724B.thumb.jpeg.d980ca5e118b6649e148a4685d5e0f28.jpeg

The thing in the picture is a flow meter, to check there is enough water flow rate to the ASHP.  It's when a pocket of air goes through it that it jumps wildly and makes all the noise.

As others have said the system needs bleeding.  You might just manage it over time bleeding air out of all the bleed valves.  Do you know what they look like and do you have a suitable tool (if needed)?

If your plumber has failed to find any bleed valves and is mystified, you need a better plumber.

1 hour ago, dpmiller said:

yes. How is air removed from the upstairs loops? Is there an auto or manual bleeder up there

manual I presume see pics that’s the upstairs manifold 

3246CF80-1782-4BBC-9C7E-B96AFF1A734E.jpeg

1A73824B-6980-498B-A1BD-32E3772C53E4.jpeg

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

The thing in the picture is a flow meter, to check there is enough water flow rate to the ASHP.  It's when a pocket of air goes through it that it jumps wildly and makes all the noise.

As others have said the system needs bleeding.  You might just manage it over time bleeding air out of all the bleed valves.  Do you know what they look like and do you have a suitable tool (if needed)?

If your plumber has failed to find any bleed valves and is mystified, you need a better plumber.

Are they the black screw valves in the pictures above?

That black thing, top right of first picture, has what looks a bit like a car tyre valve cap sticking up.  Loosen that and you should hear air hissing out.

Keep doing that regularly on both / all manifolds and eventually you should get it all clear, but it could take a long time of keep on doing this.

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That black thing, top right of first picture, has what looks a bit like a car tyre valve cap sticking up.  Loosen that and you should hear air hissing out.

Keep doing that regularly on both / all manifolds and eventually you should get it all clear, but it could take a long time of keep on doing this.

Nice one I’ll get to work on that thanks for the advice hopefully it’ll not take too long ??

Keep repeating the bleeding regularly, once you have let one lot of air out, the next lot will start building up in the "pot" ready for next time.

There should be a pressure gauge on the manifolds or somewhere, after you have let a certain amount of air out, you will see that drop a bit. If so open the valves on the fill loop briefly to re pressurise.