New to the world of ASHP!

MYLOUBYLOU

@SteamyTea interesting to be fair if I’d of known how to turn off this stupid setting I would of done anyway as I don’t worry about such things nor do i worry about reheating rice 3 times. I do hope though the other meter is correct but I am now going to monitor our overall electric usage too.

Edited by rh2205

12 hours ago, ProDave said:

One thing from the above post.  DO NOT try and run heating and hot water at the same time with an ASHP.  Most have different flow temperatures for each and most let you set whether hot water or heating has priority (i.e. which one operates if both are demanded at the same time)

So I have only one setting the way mine was plumbed & wired.  That is heating. It does either heating, water or both in that setting with the standard S plan arrangement. I switched off the weather compensation to enable us to run it at 50 degrees when we want to heat the water and 40 when we don't. I am currently experimenting with how to get the best efficiency, comfort and hot water when needed. 

Ok I’ve checked our electric meter readings in exactly the same duration (5months pretty much exactly since heat pump went in) we have used 1102kwh in electric. This figure is after I have deducted 417kwh for ASHP & immersion. So I don’t think the electric usage figure sounds too weird maybe a little high but possibly explained by the multiple dishwashers microwaves & ovens, bathroom electric underfloor & that we both worked from home entirely over this period & have a toddler!? 

The heat pump has used 1kwh this evening since I messaged at 3.5C outside. Inside around 19.5C. So maybe the wall and roof insulation has been the big thing as we have no floor insulation & 50sqm of double glazing almost certainly not helping heat loss & about 20 other cold bridges I can think of, and as I mentioned our new radiator pipe system is totally old school. So yes I am rather pro heat pumps now!