Looking for an Approved Inspector - DY9

CADjockey

Hi all, 

Based in North Worcestershire (DY9), we have planning approval to replace our house, we have just had build drawings as opposed to planning drawings completed.
I need to find an Approved Inspector as I'm leaning away from the Building Control Department of the local authority.

I tried to go on the ACAI website, but it's basically all down or unlinkable so I can't get to a list of potential consultant inspectors. If the ACAI sees this, please fix it
and let me know, failing that I'd be grateful for any AI suggestions from the forum... you lot know everything ?

Many Thanks 

@DevilDamo Yes I have seen this, but it's a very short list so my assumption was that this is just the big regional/national corporates. 
I maybe also mistakenly thought that the ACAI list would be broarder in that respect. I have subsequently seen the CICAIR register as well.

@Forum What's the concensus on using an AI vs Local Authority BC. My understanding is that there is no comeback with BC if there
are any issues down the line. 

I am using Stroma, who seem to be nationwide. I'm paying about £8-900 for the service and at the end, as long as I have all the necessary certifications in place, they can arrange a building warranty as well (for an extra fee of course).

So, far, my appointed inspector has been very accommodating, fair, and prepared to offer advice when asked.