plastering then lining?

TryC

Hi All,

So hopefully, the plasterer is coming to plaster the walls and ceiling this month - and I just wanted to ask something. Is it normal to then line and paint the newly plastered walls after it has dried, or do you go ahead and just paint it?

I only ask because I'm more about trying to keep the heat in the house and the lining paper would offer a bit more than just leaving it and painting on it? or are my beliefs on this absolutely wrong? I get that some people just plaster so they don't have to line, or plaster and just paint to save time - I'm not concerned about saving time, I just want to get it done right.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

More information?  What is the property and wall make up?

If you wanted more insulation, the time to add it was before plastering?  Lining paper will not do much.  I would only paper a newly plastered wall if you had a rubbish plasterer.

6 hours ago, ProDave said:

More information?  What is the property and wall make up?

If you wanted more insulation, the time to add it was before plastering?  Lining paper will not do much.  I would only paper a newly plastered wall if you had a rubbish plasterer.

it is a house made of stone, so it cannot take cavity wall insulation so I am told (too thick?).

i am going to use wallrock on the external facing wall though

8 hours ago, TryC said:

it is a house made of stone, so it cannot take cavity wall insulation so I am told (too thick?).

i am going to use wallrock on the external facing wall though

The reference to adding more insulation was aimed at IWI ( internal wall insulation ) ;) So basically applying say 30mm or more insulated plasterboards to the internal face of the dwelling, and then plastering over those.

LINK

EWI could also help but can be far more impactful.

Edited by Nickfromwales