HI.

I am currently looking into which MVHR unit I should get for a small house, refitted and think about the Blauberg BLAKOMFORT-ULTRA-D105-A or the Boulder DHV-04/100B.

I like with the Blauberg that it has three speed options, is quite silent ( low speed), the max 76% heat recovery and the included warranty of 5 years. But it does not offer any automatic control unit to attach.

The Boulder is a bit cheaper and just offers 3 years warranty and max 70% heat recovery. They do not give any db for the low speed function, but I have contacted them regarding this.  
But therefore a separate control unit is available to adjust the speed according to the humidity.

Somehow it looks so to me that the Blauberg is more popular.

Anyone here which has them and would like to share their experience ? And of course any other input is more than welcome.

Is there maybe another MVHR unit which I oversee, but is rather reasonably priced and better than those two?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and help.

Cheers

Manfred

Edited by Bosi

14 hours ago, tonyshouse said:

I have used lots of Boulder ones, no problems, well one was fitted upside down bu builders contractor and unsurprisingly leaked, quiet and variable speed 

Thank you. Do you have any experience with Blauberg in comparison maybe too?

I know those units are rather on the low budget end, but I hope they will do well in keeping the moisture level down in a large open air living room space.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Unless you're on a tight budget, I'd stick to one of the models independently tested for the Passivhaus Institute:

https://database.passivehouse.com/en/components/list/ventilation_small

70% heat recovery is very poor, BTW, as you'll see from the above list.

Brink are PH certified, and not enough money to convince me that a compromise on something which potentially can save me annually on my heating costs would be such a good idea..... Longevity needs to be considered here also, in equal importance, as these units will be running 24/7/365. "Buy cheap, buy twice" eg not so cheap then after-all ;) 

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Unless you're on a tight budget, I'd stick to one of the models independently tested for the Passivhaus Institute:

https://database.passivehouse.com/en/components/list/ventilation_small

70% heat recovery is very poor, BTW, as you'll see from the above list.

Thank you for the link. I haven't seen this before.

Just looking into it