Sewer Design - Is this acceptable

NewToAllOfThis

Trying to plan my sewer connection, after watching some youtube videos I thought I had it worked out but speaking to building control he said I couldn't have any tight 90 degree angles, they had to be 45 degrees or wide sweeping 90 degree angles.

I have come up with a design that has one of the wide sweeping 90 degree bends angled on its side at 45 degrees and then a 45 degree bend so that it can take a pipe vertically into it.

Any comments as to if this would be an acceptable solution or and other ideas please.

Sewer1.JPG

Sewer2.JPG

Sewer4.JPG

2 hours ago, NewToAllOfThis said:

I have to had a chamber as building control said that two toilet wastes can not be connected by just using a Y connector

Yes they can. Ask them where in the building regulations it states that …? Regularly spec a single run with a 45 degree branch and rest bend coming up through the slab. 

• Like 1

Looks ok, I always try and rod them if in any doubt, that's all you need to be able to do, the effluent will flow through regardless.

you could always, move the chamber closer to the last inlet, spin the chamber 45 degrees with a bend where is connects onto the main run so that the main run through chamber is at 45 degrees to your build, then you can have two rest/long sweeping bends straight from stacks into the chamber. Might need a couple of shallow bends but it'll keep BCO happy

A normal 45 bend (single socket) bend straight into a chamber is easily rod-able

Edit to add, leave as is, just on the last leg put the 45 close to the chamber then the swept 90 up the same as the other one, it'd be easier to rod.

Edited by JFDIY

12 hours ago, NewToAllOfThis said:

Both will be fitted to toilets, shower and sink waste will be connected inside the house to the same pipes.

I have to had a chamber as building control said that two toilet wastes can not be connected by just using a Y connector

they are correct you cannot use a Y for 2 WC's as they cant be rodded.

NHBC spell it out

https://www.nhbc.co.uk/binaries/content/assets/nhbc/tech-zone/nhbc-standards/tech-guidance/5.3/p261---tg-5.3---y-junctions_v1.pdf

23 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

NHBC spell it out

NHBC and Building Regulations are two different things. 

The AD-H only states suitable access for rodding should be provided, not that you cannot use a Y branch under a slab. 

Under a standard BRegs submission, if you can prove that you have that access then there is no requirement to not have 2 WC on the same branch. 

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

NHBC and Building Regulations are two different things. 

The AD-H only states suitable access for rodding should be provided, not that you cannot use a Y branch under a slab. 

Under a standard BRegs submission, if you can prove that you have that access then there is no requirement to not have 2 WC on the same branch. 

bit silly having to pull out a WC to rod it isn't it.

Always try and build to the best standard not the worst.

NHBC isn’t the best standard by far ..!!

16 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

bit silly having to pull out a WC to rod it isn't it.

And yes I agree but you design in access ..! There are loads of ways of sorting that, and for example the OP has a property that is raised above ground level so there are options on the vertical legs etc. 

I’d hazard a guess that BCO hasn’t been near site to see what they are suggesting - they are overstretched and using COVID as a reason in a lot of places but anything that isn’t a square box to min regs they are basically trying to ignore. 

• Like 1