Kitchen sink leak help

AdamD

Recently found a leak in the plumbing under the sink and looking for patch up advice. This was fixed (new pipes) about 9 months ago but has sprung another leak.

Video attached, any thoughts how to patch up? I am a total layman and think the plumbing under there is a total shambles so please don’t hold back if you feel the same!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AdamD said:

Recently found a leak in the plumbing under the sink and looking for patch up advice. This was fixed (new pipes) about 9 months ago but has sprung another leak.

Video attached, any thoughts how to patch up? I am a total layman and think the plumbing under there is a total shambles so please don’t hold back if you feel the same!

Maybe some tiger seal . Smeared all round that . Tbh I’d disconnect it first ; clean it up , first 

10 minutes ago, wozza said:

Can you get a better photo and measure the size of the two pipes - looks to me like the wrong fitting has been used.

62CC4852-6FDB-4693-A3A7-7741AD675856.jpeg

B415702D-8464-4447-9DC0-0DD79687DBB1.jpeg

looks like 40mm and 25mm

8DF2BD2C-BC30-406E-B353-B6195B0ED6F5.jpeg

E0B553E3-CB02-4107-ABE6-BC41F24B9D89.jpeg

Edited by AdamD

The fitting that the 21.5mm pipe goes into just doesn't look right - its hard to tell from the photos but it doesn't look like a solvent weld fitting, also the 21.5mm pipe also appears to be at quite an angle to the fitting which will cause problems - what is the 21.5mm from? a boiler condensate? Can the 21.5mm pipe be pulled square?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AdamD said:

?

Looks like pipe is too small - put in the fitting and some ‘gunk’ sweared around it .

Reducer on end of pipe would of got it to the correct size . Assume you don’t want to take it all apart ( assuming it would come apart nicely ! ) . So if leak is coming from gunk side still recommend smearing tiger seal all round that pipe fitting 

Edited by pocster

10 hours ago, wozza said:

The fitting that the 21.5mm pipe goes into just doesn't look right - its hard to tell from the photos but it doesn't look like a solvent weld fitting, also the 21.5mm pipe also appears to be at quite an angle to the fitting which will cause problems - what is the 21.5mm from? a boiler condensate? Can the 21.5mm pipe be pulled square?

Yes the 21.5mm runs through to the boiler. See video. Sorry for short video but had to massively condense it due to size but think it shows what is what.