Integrated / built in dishwasher

Need to buy one but don’t have a permanent kitchen yet ?

I want to be able to mount a kitchen cabinet door on the front to hide it in the final kitchen . Are kitchen doors all fitted to appliances the same way ? I.e any integrated dishwasher will do ??

Full integration all buttons hidden when door is closed.

Semi - portion at the top about 100mm visible, looks daft in my opinion.

450mm dishwashers only fitted one, for my mum and dad, just coped with their requirements.

stick with the standard 600mm

• Thanks 1

most have a plastic "frame" that you screw to the door then "clip" it onto the dishwasher and fit screws through the door to hold it, all integrated dish washers will be expected to fit most off the shelf kitchens. 

for example this is the fitting instructions for a lamona dishwasher https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1479391/Lamona-Lam8303.html?page=8#manual

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Full integration all buttons hidden when door is closed.

Semi - portion at the top about 100mm visible, looks daft in my opinion.

450mm dishwashers only fitted one, for my mum and dad, just coped with their requirements.

stick with the standard 600mm

Ah I see ! Tbh don’t care if panels visible or not . But I guess probably best if all hidden . So I guess any integrated will do 

We have a Miele 600mm fully integrated dishwasher. I screwed the fixing brackets to the back of the door cover which then hook onto the dishwasher door and a screw at each side holds it tight and adjusts the height. The door opens towards the end of the drying cycle and then turns itself off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Ah I see ! Tbh don’t care if panels visible or not . But I guess probably best if all hidden . So I guess any integrated will do 

Except if the controls are exposed the door will be shorter.

3 hours ago, bassanclan said:

The problem with our fully integrated dishwasher is you never know if has finished (and you missed the beeps). Semi integrated overcomes this problem, as have bosch and others with little red lights which shine down onto the floor

Not a problem for me. The HA will inform me when it has finished

3 hours ago, bassanclan said:

The problem with our fully integrated dishwasher is you never know if has finished (and you missed the beeps). Semi integrated overcomes this problem, as have bosch and others with little red lights which shine down onto the floor

Modern ones seem to project the time left / status on the floor to deliberately get over this issue 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, CalvinHobbes said:

At this stage, more interested in how noisy or quiet they are when running. Huge differences. 

Got a Bosch ( can dig out the model number ) very quiet .

I can swear / drink wine and no one says “ is the dishwasher on “ ….

29 minutes ago, pocster said:

Got a Bosch ( can dig out the model number ) very quiet .

I can swear / drink wine and no one says “ is the dishwasher on “ ….

Lol I have a bosch but since I heard or rather didn't hear a really quiet one in a very luxurious apartment in luxemborg, all my appliances sound really noisy.

With you re the wine..