Design Lessons from Finland

As someone who rents out a purpose built student house or two, I find making tenants supply their own dishwashers surprising -- it's a step towards the austere German system where most of the tenants have to supply to kitchen and bathroom fittings in rented homes ::ph34r:.

I have supplied dishwasher, washer and dryer since about 2010 for my students.

14 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

As someone who rents out a purpose built student house or two, I find making tenants supply their own dishwashers surprising -- it's a step towards the austere German system where most of the tenants have to supply to kitchen and bathroom fittings in rented homes ::ph34r:.

I have supplied dishwasher, washer and dryer since about 2010 for my students.

As a landlord I gave up supplying any white goods very early on.  I wanted to be a building landlord not a white goods rental shop with the repair liability that goes with that.  White good faults exceeded building faults until I did that.

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

As a landlord I gave up supplying any white goods very early on.  I wanted to be a building landlord not a white goods rental shop with the repair liability that goes with that.  White good faults exceeded building faults until I did that.

I do 2 models: Fully Furnished for students. Unfurnished for normal family lets.

9 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I do 2 models: Fully Furnished for students. Unfurnished for normal family lets.

Down here  and I am sure it is the same in many places,  there is a 3rd model.

Completely neglected prooerties, rented out but absent landlords, for desperate tenants.

Usually the criminal classes.