Juliet balcony ideas

GaryM

Ah one solution would be to use s/s rigging (similar style to below). I like this stuff having done a lot of sailing when I was younger.

You'll get maximum ventilation and it'll look minimalist. 

This is stainless steel 'rigging wire' with clamp on fittings. Proper yacht fittings look best IMO but are pricey. But if you design it right, you won't use many of them.

I'd also use S/S tube rather than painted steel tube. Not that big of deal to get it welded if you need.

Send a hand drawn sketch on the back of an envelope to a fabricator or two?

Also, you have enough glass there already :)

IMG_7306[1].JPG

4 minutes ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Ah one solution would be to use s/s rigging (similar style to below). I like this stuff having done a lot of sailing when I was younger.

You'll get maximum ventilation and it'll look minimalist. 

This is stainless steel 'rigging wire' with clamp on fittings. Proper yacht fittings look best IMO but are pricey. But if you design it right, you won't use many of them.

I'd also use S/S tube rather than painted steel tube. Not that big of deal to get it welded if you need.

Send a hand drawn sketch on the back of an envelope to a fabricator or two?

Also, you have enough glass there already :)

IMG_7306[1].JPG

Doesn't comply - forget it!

• Like 1

Ah sorry to be slow replying.

FYI the detail was by troughton mcaslan and I know the balconies were a similar design on this particular building.

The ‘children’s ladder’ is a concern although it obviously didn’t concern the bco at the time (about 30 years ago).

Not I think a problem, I wasn’t meaning ‘exactly this design’ but these materials.

However, the op seems to have vanished, and you have to ask ‘how would you get into the position of designing and building this without knowing what the balcony was going to look like?’