Door liners down to screed?

MortarThePoint

Just now, Mr Punter said:

On the screed is simple to do.  You can always trim later if you need / want to.  Make sure you set them so you have the head at the right height for your door and your floor finish.

Thanks. I've measure the vertical and their internal dimension is 2006mm which for a 1981mm door is 25mm over. I guess that leaves 3mm air gap at the top, 3mm at the bottom and 19mm for flooring. Does that sound about right for carpet plus underlay?

Door linings to screed but I set skirting, door jams and architrave after I fitted tiles/wood flooring (easier that way). Carpet can be fitted afterwards (IMO). I hate carpets tight to doors ?

Edited by joe90

6 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I set skirting, door jams and architrave after I fitted tiles/wood flooring. Carpet can be fitted afterwards (IMO).Yes MVHR needs 10mm gap at the bottom.

I'll be doing that for architrave and skirting for any tiled/wood/laminate areas, but I can see the benefits of door lining going in before plastering. Maybe not before plasterboard though I guess. I'll probably loose fit when putting up the MF and slide it out for plaster boarding, before then finally fitting before plastering.

• Thanks 1