Tower scaffolding hire

Just a heads up for anyone looking to hire tower Scaf’s Yet another nationwide shortage 

Called speedy to add two towers and a room climber to the ones we already have on hire Two week wait at least 

Same everywhere 

There blaming demand and Covid shutdowns effecting manufacture 

Most being made in Germany 

So if you know you need one 

Book now for Christmas 

I had no idea that some semi idiot-proof scaffolding (Kwik Stage, CupLock)  would be such an excellent investment. Add a few well -stacked and scrubbed boards, and four well-oiled wheels and you are away.

Heavy - yes, but thats what wives and children are for. Somehow, most months, I have a little less scaffolding than I had last month. Twice a year locals come and ask to borrow some. Not all of it comes back. I have never leant the scaff ladder out. 

I just can't ever consider being without enough scaffolding to work safely anywhere on the house. For a DIY Max build, the business case for some kwikstage or cuplock  (or similar) is compelling

• Like 1

I sold a lot of mine when we finished, but kept enough Kwikstage to scaffold one wall of the house at a time.  And made a dry storage rack for the boards under a bit of decking.

If you do lend hire any, count it out, and count it back again.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

I sold a lot of mine when we finished, but kept enough Kwikstage to scaffold one wall of the house at a time.  And made a dry storage rack for the boards under a bit of decking.

If you do lend hire any, count it out, and count it back again.

I bought two ally towers at the beginning of lockdown With our next build in mind 

Sites have made it vertically impossible to take your own scaffolding towers on site