BPC or Green Building Store for Design and Supply

Afternoon all, 

So through work I've had dealings with GBS - they've provided me with a quote to design and supply our MVHR. Circa £5k.

From reading on here I've since had a quote from BPC for half of that. 

I assume the design input I'll get from GBS is going to be more bespoke and hopefully better. They also only use rigid ducting and stress that the system will work as well as possible and be inaudible. 

BUT. Is it worth the extra investment? I'm conscious that once I've put something in I can't change it. 

From a self build and install point of view I'm also attracted to flexible ducting as a few solid beams have already appeared in the posi-joists!!! ?

BP 

Installing rigid ducting is a tonne more work. I've just done my install and the sections that needed ridged ducting took a lifetime in comparison to the flexible sections. A simple vertical to horizontal bend takes a couple of hours. I cannot imaging the PITA of doing a 100% rigid install, even if it's PVC rather than galvanised steel. Walk away. I do recommend running the largest diameter to your manifolds and to have the manifolds positioned to minimise the length of the flexible ducting. I used Lindab to my ducting.

PXL_20211013_075551060.jpg

PXL_20211013_075545832_MP.jpg

Edited by Conor
  • Like 1