Exterior grade filler for wooden eaves.

epsilonGreedy

I have been fitting the soffits and fascias for my traditional wooden eaves. After a trial fit of the eave support tray I have realized the gutter drip tray portion of the support tray will obscure the presently unfilled countersunk screw holes of the eave fixings.

My Question: I am looking for a premium grade filler for these fixing holes, something that will keep the damp and rot out for a decade or two. Any suggestions?

I might need a different filler for the soffit fixing holes because these will be on display and hence I would like to sand the filler down and paint over. The eaves are currently painted offwhite with a linseed paint. 

34 minutes ago, markc said:

Good wood glue and add sawdust, far better than any tub or tube stuff

Sounds like a good solution for a neat finish on the soffit holes but I was hoping for something a bit more adhesive and flexible for the fascias.

1 minute ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Sounds like a good solution for a neat finish on the soffit holes but I was hoping for something a bit more adhesive and flexible for the fascias.

In that case car body filler

17 hours ago, TonyT said:

Ronseal 2 part filler

I the end I visited my local "4 candles" no "fork handles" traditional hardware store and decided with the shop owner to buy white "No Nails" mastic glue. I hope woodpeckers do not have a taste for it.

I saw a demo block of wood featuring holes filled with the Ronseal 2-part product. Impressive stuff and appears to sand down a smooth finish, I might use it for the soffit holes.

On 19/10/2021 at 15:26, Russell griffiths said:

?

22 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

I hope woodpeckers do not have a taste for it.

Russell is now re-homing woodpeckers. I can give you his postcode and he says don’t bother knocking the door, just release them at the gate and that’ll be fine. More the merrier  he says.

Bloody loves woodpeckers that guy.?

Edited by Nickfromwales