Heat pump latest government offers

nod

On 26/11/2021 at 10:11, SimonD said:

You've clearly claimed my posts are to do with denial yet they're all within the second.

No. I've made no such claim about your posts, not seen your posts labelled as denial others. I have commented on your opinion that.

On 24/11/2021 at 20:39, SimonD said:

Unfortunately what seems to be happening in this thread in particular, but also more generally in the climate debate, is that healthy and necessary scepticism is being misinterpreted and mislabelled as "denial." A term entirely of political and social origin.

My recollection is that your own posts in this thread, were focused on disputing what science is, rather than any particular aspect of climate debate itself, so your opinion above was how others' posts were being treated.

On 25/11/2021 at 14:56, epsilonGreedy said:

So am I. I need details to work out if it will be possible to complete my new build with a secondhand gas boiler plumbed in and then get the Government dosh to install an ASHP.

As @IanRindicates the current info about the scheme in the public domain is superficial.

I would say address that question to your gas safe plumber.  If he is willing to install and certify a second hand boiler, then I don't see a problem.  All BC want is the gas safe certificate. They are not going to ask the age of the boiler unless it is obviously old and tatty perhaps.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I would say address that question to your gas safe plumber.  If he is willing to install and certify a second hand boiler, then I don't see a problem.  All BC want is the gas safe certificate. They are not going to ask the age of the boiler unless it is obviously old and tatty perhaps.

I was going to complete the build with a couple of in-line wallis heaters but assume the grant scheme will target retirement of gas or oil boilers.

There is a gas safe plumber in the family and he usually has enough spare parts in his garage to make a boiler. I wonder if the boiler would need to be operational to qualify?

11 hours ago, IanR said:

No. I've made no such claim about your posts, not seen your posts labelled as denial others. I have commented on your opinion that.

What you said, quoting me, was:

On 24/11/2021 at 23:51, IanR said:

I must be reading a different thread. I'm only reading regurgitated, +10 year old disproved conspiracies about corrupt scientists working in cahoots with political leaders to deceive the world's population.

That's not new thinking, healthy scepticism or alternative forms of knowledge, that is denial.

Thankfully the debate between the grown ups has moved on to what can be done to limit the damage that climate change will do.

Perhaps that was a misunderstanding then?

And of course, none of what I said was conspiracy theory either..

Edited by SimonD

2 minutes ago, SimonD said:

What you said, quoting me, was:

Yes, in relation to your opinion that: "what seems to be happening in this thread in particular, but also more generally in the climate debate, is that healthy and necessary scepticism is being misinterpreted and mislabelled as "denial."

Which could not have been in relation to your own comments, as you had not made such comments in this thread, so you were speaking about others' comments that you felt were being misinterpreted as denial.

Again, I made no such claim about your posts being denial, and have not seem others' make such a claim about your posts.

I'll not be commenting on this again.

• 1 month later...

Thanks J1mbo, looks like we are OK with being a new build property then, I think! (just re-read your post & good to see your agreement!!)

Now I am worried if my builder, or equiv who he uses, is MCS Registered!  :(

Edited by Andehh

1 minute ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Really!

Am I reading too much into this, i.e. if I am mid-build and have a SAP doc specifying a gas boiler, will the grant scheme pay out to replace a gas boiler not yet fitted?

That was an avenue we are/were exploring as well. Even got a SAP done for Gas & ASHP separately....... hoping it is no longer required (much like yourself). I *think* we are in the clear...providing my/your builder is MCS setup.

I am chasing the RHI but will very likely miss the deadline. The boiler upgrade scheme is not as generous overall (RHI calculated payment for me would be £11,000 over 7 years) but I will take the MCS route if self builders qualify. If not, I will self install once things calm down. 

The relevant bit was mentioned earlier in this thread before we expanded the topic ?

7. A property meets the requirements in this regulation where—
(a) any building that forms part of that property was built principally with the use of the labour or resources of the first owner (including where the resource was a loan which the first owner was liable to repay), and
(b) the property has not, while the building was built or at any subsequent time been owned wholly or partly by a person who is not an individual.