Heat pump latest government offers

nod

17 hours ago, joe90 said:

No, she would be a trans!

• More frequent and severe weather. Higher temperatures are worsening many types of disasters, including storms, heat waves, floods, and droughts. ... 
  • Higher death rates. ... 
  • Dirtier air. ... 
  • Higher wildlife extinction rates. ... 
  • More acidic oceans. ... 
  • Higher sea levels.

proof ?

I consider man made climate change to be settled science. 

We know C02 is why the earth isn't -18C.

We know we have and are emitting vast quantities of CO2.

We know what happened to temperatures last time C02 levels were high.

We can see the climate is changing.

We can see and measure ice melting.

We can measure the sea level rising.

Can predict the consequences of doing nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

i can see weather happening completely normal

We can all see weather happening. Perhaps more effort is needed to observe and acknowledge the greater changes.

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

You have proof for your end of the world doom  ?

I think it is clear to anyone who cares to pay attention.

And there I also drop our of this discussion. Not beaten, but disheartened that there are deniers, which perhaps is the intention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Have you personally encountered any global warming?

WTF do you mean by that?

I have never met a Blue Whale, but they exist.

I have travelled completely around the globe, not that many people have.

Edited by SteamyTea

When I grew up in East Anglia, they flooded the fields in winter and they froze for most of the winter, that was 40-50 years ago, now you would just have a wet field, likely hood of freezing and staying frozen - not likely.

Now live in NE Scotland, Loch I live by, used to freeze sold for months, now it partly freezes for a week or so.

1 hour ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Have you personally encountered any global warming?

So yes I have.

A simple, and relevant chart that shows Central England Temperatures for the last 120 years

Easy to see that temperatures vary every year, but the trend line, whether you take the minimum recorded temperatures, the maximum recorded temperatures or the median (the ones in the middle), all show an upward trend over time.

image.png.f5e66820341abce2d9d0308ddbb56d1c.png

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

A simple, and relevant chart that shows Central England Temperatures for the last 120 years

Your graphs fail to highlight the warm weather of the 1920s and 1930s or the cold period in the 1970s that triggered Ice Age alarmism at that time, so clearly another case of data tampering by climate change scientists.

4 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Your graphs fail to highlight the warm weather of the 1920s and 1930s or the cold period in the 1970s

That is because it was never there.

4 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

triggered Ice Age alarmism at that time

You still believe that don't you.  Just go an read up about it, I have posted up enough links about it.

Just saying what you want to believe is happening does not make it true.

5 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

clearly another case of data tampering by climate change scientists

The CET data was not collected by climate scientists.

You really have a personal problem with people that are educated and study their chosen field.

14 minutes ago, IanR said:

When was the first case of data tampering? 

Not sure about the first but NASA is a prime example.

The IPCC reports from the 1990s provide the evidence of data tampering. Back then the IPCC published reports showing the medieval warm period, the mini ice age and the early 20th century warm period but in recent years they have been manipulated out of existence.

6 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Not sure about the first but NASA is a prime example.

That's pretty vague, what is that NASA released that had been tampered with?

7 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

The IPCC reports from the 1990s provide the evidence of data tampering. 

Again, pretty vague. "tampering" and "manipulated" is to say a deliberate action to change the data in a way that it provides a fake outcome.

There are of course many genuine reasons why data is filtered, which wouldn't fit the definition of tampering or manipulated.

47 minutes ago, IanR said:

... many genuine reasons why data is filtered, which wouldn't fit the definition of tampering or manipulated.

And that's the key thing - filtering. 

Data can be handled and or mishandled. Which is why the peer review process is so crucial. It's an intensely uncomfortable process - which I'm now begining to think should be made more uncomfortable.

58 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Not when it is opinion.

Would you have kicked the philosophers of ancient Greece for theorizing about the existence of the atom? 2500 years ago belief in the atom was just an opinion that could not be proven for 2500 years.

What about the founders of the USA who created a Bill of Rights and a remarkable new constitution. Should they have been attacked for stating a non provable opinion?

3 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Would you have kicked the philosophers of ancient Greece for theorizing about the existence of the atom? 2500 years ago belief in the atom was just an opinion that could not be proven for 2500 years.

What about the founders of the USA who created a Bill of Rights and a remarkable new constitution. Should they have been attacked for stating a non provable opinion?

You see what you are doing here is using something that is now accepted, but ignoring all the other ideas, some may have been better.

5 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

But there wasn't overwhelming evidence the atom did not exist.