self loading mini dumper

scottishjohn

interior of house is about 2 -3ft deep in  old floor remains  ,tree debris etc and lots of stone to move about 

It goes through the doors and having cleared some with pure OAP hard work

looking for something to help  a bit  and be good as a gardening tool later --

I know its not a digger -but hand balling dozens if not hundreds of large stones about +plus all the small stuff  is very tiring and time consuming .

lifting 50kg  stones up to the dumper lip   1.4m  after carrying them from inside house  is not real for me ,would take me all day to fill it once 

I,m 70 wife is 74 --so about 2-3 hours of that is enough for a day 

I already tried a micro digger -- but its reach is such that i cannot load direct into my 3 ton dumper -

the lip of the 3ton is so high that a micro digger needs to be so close

very time consuming in moving everything twice 

once through the windows ,then make a pile you can sit the micro digger on to then load the 3 ton dumper 

where as with this hi tip I lift from  inside house and go 30 yds to  load my real dumper and cart it down to my dump zone a few hundred yards away

When we needed to dig out for a new conc slab in our house, I ended up hiring a micro digger and tracked hi-tip dumper;

https://www.fairfaxplanthire.co.uk/uploads/file/Kubota U10-3 ZTS Mini Excavator Specifications.pdf

https://www.fairfaxplanthire.co.uk/uploads/file/tracked-dumpers/JCB/HTD-5/DUMT0650-JCB-Spec-Sheet.pdf

Managed to shift about 30 ton in a couple of days (most of that time was spent getting the bloody dumper in and out of the house!)

• Like 1

I've used one, they are great for leveling spoil and getting rid of spoil to a skip. As for digging you need quite a bit of room probably 6 foot from back of machine to loading shovel.

I personally think you will struggle.

Have you considered a micro digger and a conveyor belt? Load the belt with the micro digger  straight into dumper.  This would be my method from your description.

Edited by Jenki
Auto correct

14 hours ago, scottishjohn said:

https://www.lawnandpower.co.uk/product/lumag-md500hprohts-500kg-tracked-mini-dumper-with-high-tip-and-shovel/

anybody used one of these --any idea on how much weight the shovel will lift

As above, these mini dumpers are very toy-like and ok for scooping a bit of sand and soil etc. But they will not dig.

Surely a local labourer or two (farm hand or equiv?) for a few days would be cheaper & less stress?

I get the principle of the machine, but using one inside a room, I imagine 50% of the time effort will be not reversing it into/through a wall as you try to position it. £200/day for a couple of guys & barrows would be my first direction I think.

thank you for the replies 

no one has answered my first question --not what it will dig --I know  its not a digger but what will the shovel lift 

we don,t have 1m wide door holes 

820mm is max 

and I am  not expecting it to dig ,as i said at start , but if it can lift 100kgs -with shovel then its a good compromise ,as all these sort of things are

my tip /storage site for the cut stone is 300-400yds away ,so a mini dumper would be very slow .

as for my 3t being too big -- no 

It is  on some levels is too small for what I have to do .- 200 loads to clear the road  of 60 years of tree debris and litter compost  and same again of  stone to repair the access road 

cleaning out  is the first part of the job before serious earth moving starts 

and cleaning out inside to get scaffolding  up to allow repair of inside of walls  is very first job .

I still have  real idea of repair and rebuild costs --so dodging any large outlays st this stage .

to get men to hand ball and barrow will soon run into big numbers - and travelling 1/4 mile to unload small dumper will eat up the days - -mini dumper that will go through doors  holds -3-500kgs 

so 6 o8 journeys to one of bigger dumper .

58 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

They are good for loading loose stone and sand, pretty much useless for everything else. 

@scottishjohn  - Exactly that - here I am using one for that very purpose back in 2018 - under the watchful eye of our builders who insisted I wore " L " Plates for H&S reasons ??

DSC00981_(2).JPG

DSC00979_LI.jpg

Edited by Redoctober
tidy up