Cutting Wood Fibre Sheathing Board

BenP

Any advice on cutting our Gutex boards?

I see alligator saws are perfect but Id like to avoid more tools in the shed!

My options are a circular saw hooked up to a dust extract to keep things clear - I've read a larger tooth rip blade is perferable?

I also have a reciprocating saw which I'm likely to need for any angles. I see pavatherm do a specific blade but it's not cheap!

I know many of you have installed similar products....

Ta

Circular saw with connected extractor or jigsaw with long blade. I've used both the standard cross-cut and ripping blades on the circular saw with no problems but I'm using a Festool HK85 which is a bit of a beast - no real clogging problems even without extractor. On the jigsaw I used Bosch T1044DP blades the fibres do fill the teeth but you've just got to intermittently draw back the blade. If using an extractor stock up on dust bags, they fill up like there's no tomorrow! Can't believe how many bags I've filled up but the remains are great for lighting fires ? I've been cutting 140mm and 60mm thick boards.

• Like 1

It begins! Got my eye in last night trimming the grooves from the bottom of 10 or so boards that will form the starting course. 

Makita 190mm circular saw with a 12t wood blade is like going through butter. No clogging up either. 

Feeling confident about trimming for window openings etc now. 

Cheers. 

PXL_20211019_175424520.jpg