How to activate a Vodafone 30 day data only SIM?

Am trying a Vodafone 30 data SIM in a TP-Link 4 G router.  I got it setup easily with a EE data only sim but Vodafone price is better (50G/£25) but I can't get it to work!

Vodafone online help representatives as slow as treacle

Anyone got one and know what you have to do to use it?

Do you actually have a vodafone signal. We are shown as a strong 4G signal but my wife's phone does not work well indoors. I am o2 and get a cracking signal indoors. Both transmitters are the same place so it must be something to do with the Vodafone signal.

• Like 1

Guest Alphonsox

I've just acquired exactly the same sim. It didn't need activation - just plug in and it works.

The only issue I had was how to set up a Vodafone account for a data only sim which I want to be able to monitor usage.  In the end this did require help from the customer online support.

50 mins online help finally sorted it. Had to fill in another form and supply the relevant phone number but no where was I notified of that.

4G way faster than BT phone line at parents house 500 metre away  50 Gb / month probably not going to be enough though

Guest Alphonsox
14 hours ago, readiescards said:

4G way faster than BT phone line at parents house 500 metre away  50 Gb / month probably not going to be enough though

Exactly the same problem - The only larger data allowance I could find was 100Gb/Month with EE but that was £75 on a 12 month contract and included a router.

Please post if you come across any other options

• 3 months later...
On 05/04/2017 at 13:17, Alphonsox said:

Please post if you come across any other options

Anyone seen anything better than £25 for 30Gb/month available yet?  (Rest of family joined me at the new build now and data usage going to rocket!)

• 4 weeks later...

Having spent ages online to Vodafone over the weekend and passed around this person and that I was told the £25/50Gb pcm offer has been withdraw and only the £30/50Gb pcm exists and there was definitely nothing bigger available.

Today I've just seen:

http://www.4g-internet.co.uk/packages

where 100GB pcm is being offered only trouble it is more than twice the £30/50Gb! How daft is that!

Guest Alphonsox

I've seen the EE 100G offer before at the same price. The problem with these offers is that they need to amortise the cost of the "free" modem over the length of the average contract. EE wouldn't offer me a Sim only 100G deal when I contacted them.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alphonsox

In the small print there is a 30G "personal hotspot" limit. 

6 hours ago, readiescards said:

Three seem to be offering unlimited data around £25-30 :

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

Does Three have its own transmitters or does it use someone else's?

In the small print there is a 30G "personal hotspot" limit. So not a complete broadband replacement story but interesting nevertheless.

Three have their own transmitters and infrastructure but are not as widespread as other providers. I can't get a signal at my site unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...