Garden ideas needed!!

rh2205

I am looking for some help on where next to go with our garden, the paving we have just bought for outside the patio doors was £33sqm almost the cheapest going we went for honed so could of saved a few hundred by going for the cheapest option as got about 40sqm to diy. We have what feels like a big garden (the rear bit is 750sqm) and we have just paid 2.5k for clearance levelling and reseeding of this area leaving anything worth keeping just so we have a better canvas to work from over time. We plan to plant some silver birches on the right hand side for screening and carry a shady border round and reuse a stone circle under our beech tree for a shady seating area behind existing shrubs. Any ideas for the other half! We are already in the process of growing a native hedgerow along the boundary but otherwise a bit confused now, I know most people go to a garden designer but they were really expensive and we don’t have another 30k on top to finish it with so we need more modest suggestions! So I am hoping for just some “ideas” rather than a design! I already know that across the board a lot of garden products including paving and trees are up by 30% in the last 6 months so really any prices previously touted on here are now quite out of date!

Edited by rh2205

Nice garden. I'd be tempted to just seed it for now, and see what you can pick up over time. Freecycle and other sites. Easy enough to strip off bits of grass when you fancy a feature here, a raised bed there etc. I think the best gardens are those that evolve, rather than just appear.

Use things like scaffolding planks to create raised beds. Much easier to look after then bending down to the ground. Have specific areas, a veg and herb garden, mixture of evergreen plants mixed through with whatever plant you like so none look bare in the winter. An area to sit and chill in the evening that gets the sun. Simple things like that don't cost much. 

• Like 1