Sequential report = Stuffed

nod

Almost full planning pasted Then the bombshell We require a Sequential report 

Planners are quoting this as a government directive that Flood zone 1-2 need a sequential report 

Ok More money on a more detailed flood report How wrong I was A sequential flood report has little to do with flooding and is a report to show that there is no other option for you to build elsewhere Which for a single dwelling is extremely unlikely to be excepted by planning 

One would put a report together with a 25% chance of success 17K

I’ve spoken to four consultants Three have refused to take my money and explained that these are normally used for supermarkets and other commercial building The report will try to justify local needs outweigh moving the building elsewhere 

Whilst the plots are in zone 2 Something that I’m currently disputing The national flood site lists Sea and River Low Risk 

Top water Very Low 

The planner concerned seems worried about outdated sea defenses to the West 

(12 miles away)

Risk of flooding in z 2 1-100 years z1 1-1000

Ive spoken to a planning consultant who tells me that planning in principle shouldn’t have been granted if they needed a sequential report 

Time I’ll tell 

Make no mistake this is a very real tool to stop us self builders builders building 

Edited by nod

It seems totally bonkers that the principle of planning can be established without properly considering flood risk. Although a sequential report is not a flood risk assessment it is related to flooding. 

The requirement seems strange given that self builders are not in the position of being able to compare different plots and then select one for development as land is so limited.

Does the planning in principle decision reference flood risk at all?

10 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

These people https://urban-water.co.uk/sequential-and-exception-test/ are quoting £800-£2000.

Why do you think you only have a 25% chance?

I don’t I personally think there is zero chance as things stand I suspect the one out of the four is happy to take our money 

A refusal isn’t an option They simply won’t proceed with the application 

The sequential report is designed to show there is no other alternative site 

Which is something we can’t do 

There are plenty of building plots But we don’t happen to own any of them 

It seams planners are using Something that is quite common in the commercial world Especially London Where suers on a regular basis 

One planner explained That being told you can’t site your Sainsbury’s there Is our job to prove Tesco have had similar applications approved and we are offering more jobs and the local community will benefit 

He said it’s works on a points system and madness to apply this to a single private dwelling He also pointed out that the same planners have deemed this site suitable for not one but two homes 

In principal 

Lots of contradictions