waste pipe through lintelled opening underground

Valinor

A question about pipe through lintelled opening. My groundworkers just left it buried all the way above the lintel, and by looking into the cavity I saw there was soil inside (in the cavity) which made me dig up what’s seen on the photo from the outside (the pipe continues under the slab where it's encased in gravel). How would you go about rectifying this? It’s a massive hole and I don’t want any rodents getting into the cavity through it in the future (the concrete fill in the cavity is about as high as the lintel on the sides, but where the pipe is it’s open going all the way up).

I saw someone online using spray foam, but that doesn’t seem rodent proof if they can easily chew through it? Someone else suggested I block it up from the outside and fill the whole thing with concrete to match the level of the remaining concrete in the cavity void; but I imagine that defeats the purpose of the pipe being able to move?

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

244565022_2965161690464520_2341605043545217755_n.jpg

244355025_2965161673797855_1066414948410501192_n.jpg

they pinched the drawing from nhbc but what is actually showing is a sleeve through which the soil pipe runs. You have a soil pipe by the looks and no sleeve in which case should be a joint either side of wall. There is one on the outside, is there one on the inside as well ?

wouldnt worry about rodents unless its going to be on display and not buried.

https://nhbc-standards.co.uk/5-substructure-ground-floors-drainage-and-basements/5-3-drainage-below-ground/5-3-14-protection-of-pipework/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

they pinched the drawing from nhbc but what is actually showing is a sleeve through which the soil pipe runs. You have a soil pipe by the looks and no sleeve in which case should be a joint either side of wall. There is one on the outside, is there one on the inside as well ?

wouldnt worry about rodents unless its going to be on display and not buried.

https://nhbc-standards.co.uk/5-substructure-ground-floors-drainage-and-basements/5-3-drainage-below-ground/5-3-14-protection-of-pipework/

Thanks!

In this specific place it's the 110mm soil pipe and there's one continuous run all the way under the slab (just looked at what they sent building control). There's another place where another soil pipe runs through a footing and over there they sleeved it in a 200mm pipe with additional joins to the 110mm on both ends.

I shall attempt not to be paranoid about rodents; will chicken wire it with spray foam and bury the whole thing!