Looking for Roof window recommendations

cowsgomoo

We are looking at a few roof windows such as these for our loft conversion:

https://roof-maker.co.uk/rooflights/pitched-rooflights/luxlite-pitched-rooflights/

The indicative size will be approx 2400mm x 1250mm in a portrait orientation. 

They're quite pricey though - this with blinds/opening comes to £7956 excluding VAT (and this price is probably going to keep increasing monthly - I know this is the nature of the game right now ?)

Anyone know other good quality suppliers for the same thing that's more cost effective? Or can anyone vouch for the quality and should we bite the bullet?

Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 12.45.42.png

Jeepers, that's not great value.

I'm looking at using Velux Modular skylights for a job. May have a slim bar that breaks each section, but it's so slim it's almost not there. Allows for fixed and opening on same assembly.

Here.....

https://www.velux.co.uk/products/modular_skylight_domestic/packages_sizes_prices

Download brochure and prices and dimensions are shown at bottom.

Thanks both.  @Makeitstopjust had a look at brochure and I do like the Velux but they are more landscape in orientation and by the time we've got to the similar size it's still expensive. I think I'm looking at the same configuration as Luxlight, but I cant find any suppliers that do the same thing. @tonyshouse good thought but we're not builders, and we're in the middle of negotiating quotes. We could ask the builder but I'm conscious about not making our builder's quote become more complex.

It could be we just bite the bullet and pay because it's the look we want but I agree it's not great value!

On 11/10/2021 at 20:15, Makeitstop said:

Cowsgomoo.....

Can I just clarify that you do "not" want the window configured to the same orientation as your link displays in your first post (landscape) but that you're looking for something that would be turned, so it sits in portrait?

yes ?

Ah I see. I note that you mentioned that but was confused by the orientation of the image in your link.

It may be worth a call to Velux to ask whether they are able to produce some kind of solution to your preferred scheme.

For the modular system of the sort of size you require, they are significantly cheaper than the roofmaker product.

That's crazy money.