Siemens is no longer owned by Siemens

I know Siemens appliances are generally very well regarded, but just thought I'd share the following in case people didn't know:

If you go to Siemens' website and click through to their consumer appliances page, it says:

The shares of Siemens AG in BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH have been sold effective January 5, 2015. Accordingly, Siemens AG is no longer represented in the home appliances business. But the renamed BSH Hausgeräte GmbH is furthermore authorized to use the trademark SIEMENS for home appliances.

Are the pro Siemens reviews that people have posted on this site in respect of products purchased after 2015 or before?

1 hour ago, dpmiller said:

Ask yourself who Neff are, while you're at it...

Good point. Who knew! Based on more research, my understanding is that:

Bosch, Neff and Siemens are all made in the same factory and have the same parent company so their reliability should be more or less the same.

With Siemens you will get a very clean interface and nicer look, with Neff a no-nonsense interface and a simpler look and with Bosch its somewhere in the middle but with emphasis on function over form. Because of their market positioning, Siemens gets the most innovative features.

I went for the Bosch one mate - rocked up on Wednesday. Whatever you are going for try to secure the supply asap. Appliances are rapidly becoming as rare as rocking horse shite.

6 hours ago, Faz said:

I went for the Bosch one mate - rocked up on Wednesday. Whatever you are going for try to secure the supply asap. Appliances are rapidly becoming as rare as rocking horse shite.

So what was the lead time on your Bosch?

17 hours ago, Adsibob said:

I know Siemens appliances are generally very well regarded, but just thought I'd share the following in case people didn't know:

If you go to Siemens' website and click through to their consumer appliances page, it says:

The shares of Siemens AG in BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH have been sold effective January 5, 2015. Accordingly, Siemens AG is no longer represented in the home appliances business. But the renamed BSH Hausgeräte GmbH is furthermore authorized to use the trademark SIEMENS for home appliances.

Are the pro Siemens reviews that people have posted on this site in respect of products purchased after 2015 or before?

Before on mine

12 hours ago, Iceverge said:

Cheapest Bosch for us too. Cooks well. The touch controls are a bit fiddly but I don't think this is a manufacturer specific issue. 

It's one thing that annoys me to a level I cant even put into words.

Fiddly God damn touch controls on hobs.

May be visibly unattractive, but give me simple turn controls any day

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Adsibob said:

Good point. Who knew! Based on more research, my understanding is that:

Bosch, Neff and Siemens are all made in the same factory and have the same parent company so their reliability should be more or less the same.

With Siemens you will get a very clean interface and nicer look, with Neff a no-nonsense interface and a simpler look and with Bosch its somewhere in the middle but with emphasis on function over form. Because of their market positioning, Siemens gets the most innovative features.

Not sure about innovative features. We have 3 Siemens ovens - one conventional fan, a steam oven and a microwave. They all have slightly different menu structures - changing the time as the clocks change or after a power cut is laborious, as they all do it slightly differntly (one involves scrolling through the time by the minute!).

One our our daughters refurbed her kitchen and bought an oven and a microwave - both Bosch. The clocks on these are always synchronised - possibly OTA?

Just now, Makeitstop said:

They are simple to clean however. 

My ideal would be a dial control on the wall behind the hob. Well out of harms way for cooking messes and out of reach of little hands whilst still being usable by oven gloved chefs.

3 minutes ago, Makeitstop said:

I've consulted the boss:

likes the current neff induction hob, has the magnetic dial control that you can take off for cleaning/safety. 

hates the neff double oven, especially the fan over run long after it’s turned off.

if it was me next time I’d probably just get a Lamona or whatever dbl oven at Howdens. Decent guarantee and simple

controls.

3 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

They are simple to clean however. 

My ideal would be a dial control on the wall behind the hob. Well out of harms way for cooking messes and out of reach of little hands whilst still being usable by oven gloved chefs.

That's a fair point yes. Cleaning turn controls can be a pain, and I'm a cleaning freak.

8 hours ago, Adsibob said:

So what was the lead time on your Bosch?

Ordered it all last weekend - 1 oven, 1 hob, 2 dishwashers and 1 hood rocked up this week. Waiting for the rest of it. 5 different suppliers in the end.

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

Ordered it all last weekend - 1 oven, 1 hob, 2 dishwashers and 1 hood rocked up this week. Waiting for the rest of it. 5 different suppliers in the end.

I want to order it all now, but it’s bugging me that by the time we move in and start using these appliances we will be 4 months, maybe more, into the guarantee period. Also, Kitchen not being installed until December, so won’t really be able to test it’s all working until then. I guess I need to order it Noir anyway and but the bullet.