Smart meter wont connect - metal cabinet

ollie

Hi guys quick background

Self build house - dno installed power to plot boundary in a metal kiosk that houses our smart meter, (supply then runs to our cu in the house)

Desperately trying to join Octopus go as we are on ASHP but can't as our smet2 meter wont communicate with DCC 

They seem to think its due to the meter being housed in a metal cabinet apparently there was a some small amount of data sent which they guess was when door was open - which im going to do a another test with them to see if this is the case

we are in North Yorkshire so meter works with arqiva on radio waves 

anyone had this issue with their smart meter not communicating due to metal cabinet , if this is the cause how and who would i contact to get it rehoused , is this even possible?

thanks in advance!

Oliver 

Hi guys quick background

Self build house - dno installed power to plot boundary in a metal kiosk that houses our smart meter, (supply then runs to our cu in the house)

Desperately trying to join Octopus go as we are on ASHP but can't as our smet2 meter wont communicate with DCC 

They seem to think its due to the meter being housed in a metal cabinet apparently there was a some small amount of data sent which they guess was when door was open - which im going to do a another test with them to see if this is the case

we are in North Yorkshire so meter works with arqiva on radio waves 

anyone had this issue with their smart meter not communicating due to metal cabinet , if this is the cause how and who would i contact to get it rehoused , is this even possible?

thanks in advance!

Oliver 

17 minutes ago, jack said:

@ollie, I've merged the two threads you started on this topic into one. I think this is the more appropriate forum than Boffin's Corner where the other one was.

thanks Jack Im relatively new here so still finding my way around where to post 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ollie said:

thanks Jack Im relatively new here so still finding my way around where to post 

No worries. To be clear, it's more the fact that there were two posts on the same topic than where you posted. If you'd just posted in Boffin's Corner, it wouldn't have been moved.