Which insulated roller garage door?

We have an integrated garage on our new build and starting to look at roller doors to fit early next year. 

The garage is/will be fairly well insulated with ICF being block worked faced and a 100mm insulated warm roof. Whilst the house is designed to be well enough insulated without the garage it would be a shame not to be able to use it in the colder months.

With that in mind am seeking recommendations for a well insulated roller aluminium door manufacturer. It's a single garage opening.

Not a roller door, but we have an insulated Hormann sectional door, which has worked well for nearly 6 years. It's a bit annoying having it above your head if you want to do things with the garage door open (e.g., ours is used as a gym and a workshop, both of which need overhead clearance from time to time).

I can't gauge how good the insulation is - the door isn't airtight, and I think that has a big effect especially in winter - but it doesn't get that hot in the garage even when we get the mid-summer sun beating down on the garage door for a couple of hours in the afternoon during summer.

35 minutes ago, jack said:

Not a roller door, but we have an insulated Hormann sectional door, which has worked well for nearly 6 years. It's a bit annoying having it above your head if you want to do things with the garage door open (e.g., ours is used as a gym and a workshop, both of which need overhead clearance from time to time).

We have the same. I did not realise there would be quite so much gear overhead but I belive they are better inslulated than a roller. They also look quite neat from the outside.

Ideally I wanted an insulated side hinged door but they are too expensive for me.

• Like 1