How to expose existing lintels for inspection?

Hi I've been requested by the building control officer to expose a lintel that was installed at the back of our property some years ago when a conservatory was built.

He wants it inspected by a structural engineer to verify its adequacy.

We are not in the position to employ a builder, how would I go about doing this please?

IMG_1510.jpg

Use a  drill and drill a series of holes in the motar around a brick at each end plus one in the middle. With the holes all in a line use a cold chisel to remove the other bits and slide the bricks out. 

If you have an angle grinder it will be much easier to run the blade along the beds below and above the bricks. Use the stitch drill method on the perps and slide the bricks out. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Use a  drill and drill a series of holes in the motar around a brick at each end plus one in the middle. With the holes all in a line use a cold chisel to remove the other bits and slide the bricks out. 

If you have an angle grinder it will be much easier to run the blade along the beds below and above the bricks. Use the stitch drill method on the perps and slide the bricks out. 

Thanks, will I need to remove all the bricks across the full span?