Isolated pillar

I need to construct a shot section (565mm) of stud partition between two sets of doors. The blockwork either side of these doors is 190mm, thick, so I need to use substantial studs. I suppose I could use two lots of 90mm MF c-studs right next to each other. The wall circled in red below has a pocket door in it and I'm thinking of not having this wall altogether. That means the pillar sits isolated, so needs to be quite strong hard to resist the forces from the doors. The sole plate will be glued down and the header above the doors will go across to the blockwork.

Which do you prefer the sound of:

1. 2layers of 90mm c-studs
  2. 1 layer of 146mm c-studs with extra sheet of plasterboard each side.
  3. 7x2 timber

image.png.791f06b39780b201063144c2cb79b5a6.png

13 minutes ago, Temp said:

12mm WBP spare?

Agreed. a layer of plywood on each side, with lots of ribbed nails or screws will make this into a diaphragm which will not distort.

The main wall between the doors would benefit from the same construction.

If you can fix the 2 together very stiffly (so that they don't have any chance of deflecting from each other) , that would be good too. Just screws near edges rather than the middle?

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

I have to ask the obvious question:  Why not make the bit between the 2 doors out of blockwork like the rest of that wall?  and then only the bit circled in red of timber?

It's to keep the option of opening that area up and having it more open plan. There is a steel there so no need for a load bearing partition.