Light weight fill.

Russell griffiths

There are different sizes depending on application and some come with a percentage of topsoil mixed in. I used it but ordered the wrong size, and they supplied it with topsoil mixed in by mistake. Great stuff, but double check size and mix - luckily it was their mistake so they had to pick up 10 cubic metres incorrectly delivered. We used Bourne Amenity as our supplier

Usually people are worried about holding down their tanks (against flotation) , and heavy fill would be an advantage.

Can you explain the logic of using expensive lightweight fill?

lytag is probably the biggest name and almost a generic name now. Looks like smarties when redder than this pic., made from power station ash, and used in concrete to keep the weight down....at a cost.

lytag.jpg

On 01/10/2021 at 11:53, saveasteading said:

Usually people are worried about holding down their tanks (against flotation) , and heavy fill would be an advantage.

Can you explain the logic of using expensive lightweight fill?

lytag is probably the biggest name and almost a generic name now. Looks like smarties when redder than this pic., made from power station ash, and used in concrete to keep the weight down....at a cost.

lytag.jpg

The reason I was thinking on lightweight fill was I have an 1000mm invert into the tank leading to 1100mm of fill on top of tank, standing here looking at the hole I reckon there’s 5-6 tonne of soil to go on top. 

It just looks a lot when you are staring at it and thinking too much.