Cladding staining render

daunker

I have untreated Siberian larch cladding and just had the renderboard below rendered a couple of weeks ago. The larch was put on in April.

Anyway just had some rain and seems like the water running down the cladding is staining the new render below. This is only after two rainy days... Really worried how this will look by end of winter?

PXL_20210929_112113019.MP_exported_699.thumb.jpg.0b5538a39498ae85932f5131806a58c6.jpg

The rendering is thin coat system. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening, and secondly to clean if presumably I can stop it.

Edited by daunker

Thanks very nuch. Any drawbacks to sealing it, is there a good product? As it's in situ I'll only be able to do the front face.

Will it stop leaching on its own accord, or is that a very slow process.

Any advice on cleaning will rain and sun bleach and wash it or is there a recommended cleaning agent. 

Sorry for all questions thanks @nod. I'd not heard of it before or I'd have not put up untreated, I thought all the coatings were to colour preserve from sun bleaching (which doesn't overly concern me)

Edited by daunker

• 9 months later...

Hi there @daunker

Did you ever resolve this issue?

We have exactly the same problem.  When it rains, the cladding is leaching onto the white render below.  It also drips onto the windowsills and stains the render around these, and also stains around the boiler flue, and outdoor lighting on the render too.

Looks pretty awful at the moment to be honest.

We wanted the cladding (Siberian Larch) to weather naturally to a grey, but are worried it is ruining the render in the process.

PXL_20220701_072842147.jpeg

• Sad 1

Hi fella, yep same as mine. Maybe a bit worse not sure of your design, if you have extra water running down it. Or if your cladding and render were done similar ish times.

Good news anyway, wasn't really happy with the suggestion of the renderer to paint it, so I did nothing and the sun and weather washed/bleached it. Now it's all good!

Don't know if that wall is shaded so may take longer, how long has it been up?

Edited by daunker