Passiv "Shed"

Onoff

59 minutes ago, Steptoe said:

But the roof makes 3 sections,? o.O

Yea, it's making my head hurt :S

Temporary building but can't be made of panels ? I thought that was the whole bloody point of it being a non-permanent structure, as in you could demonstrate that it's fully demountable ?!? 

3 hours ago, Crofter said:

Caravans Act nineteen-sixty-something.

Less than 6m wide, 18m long, internal ceiling height of 3.048m or less, and demountable into up to two sections.

Small correction for those living in England:

The max size was amended in 2006 in England (not sure about Scotland & Wales) the max size is 20m x 6.8m external and 3.05m internal ceiling height. There's no restriction on external ridge height.

Edited by Ian

46 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Temporary building but can't be made of panels ? I thought that was the whole bloody point of it being a non-permanent structure, as in you could demonstrate that it's fully demountable ?!? 

Yep,

Its stupid,

Its a shed, it can be took apart, that's the whole point of making it in panels,,,,,,

Edited by Steptoe

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Nope, it's not temporary- that's quite a different adjective and presumably legal definition. It is moveable/portable that we are talking about here.

By my understanding, it's simply a case that a line has to drawn somewhere between a caravan* and a house.

*or mobile home, site hut, shipping container, SORNed Winebago, landlocked narrowboat, etc.

Seems to say here that if it's more than 20m from the house I'd be limited to 10sq.m in size as we're AONB. But there's existing, longstanding buildings already here like the garage and stable block?

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/43/outbuildings

The stable block then is maybe what I should be looking at knocking down and rebuilding. It already is shown on Land Registry etc. Twice the grief to clear the site though and asbestos! :)

7 minutes ago, Crofter said:

Nope, it's not temporary- that's quite a different adjective and presumably legal definition. It is moveable/portable that we are talking about here.

By my understanding, it's simply a case that a line has to drawn somewhere between a caravan* and a house.

*or mobile home, site hut, shipping container, SORNed Winebago, landlocked narrowboat, etc.

Oh,

There's an idea,

Get a narrowboat and say you're waiting for the great flood that will happen,!

Would work really well if you live in some parts of Co Antrim, :)

My missus (an English girl) couldn't believe the amount of holy roller signs there were,

" THE END IS NIGH"

4 minutes ago, Steptoe said:

Oh,

There's an idea,

Get a narrowboat and say you're waiting for the great flood that will happen,!

Would work really well if you live in some parts of Co Antrim, :)

My missus (an English girl) couldn't believe the amount of holy roller signs there were,

" THE END IS NIGH"

How about 600 rather than 300mm of EPS and I just say I'll float it away if it needs to be moved! :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Will you make me a helicopter, please?

Use the motor off the electric wacker :ph34r:

I "found" the bench the other day with all the wacker bits still laid out ready to assemble. Might treat myself to that inverter stick welder this month as the big 50 coming up. I need a Summer distraction!

I might take the 3-phase converter into work and finish off during (extended :) ) lunch hours!